Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Just finished the third radiator install...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 02:20 PM
JakeMate
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by fahren affair
Good point. I have a 2-day track event at Fontana in two weeks, it should get hot, we'll see what happens. based on your experience, i'll probably need to do the 3rd radiator.
Hey fahren affair.....what event is going on at Fontana? Is it an open event or private? Either way...have fun.
Old 08-07-2003, 03:16 PM
fahren affair
Pro

Originally posted by JakeMate
Hey fahren affair.....what event is going on at Fontana? Is it an open event or private? Either way...have fun.
It's a bmwcca event, they will let non-bmws in. You don't need proof you own a bmw to join the nat'l club (membership required to run this event). The PCA requires your VIN to join. I believe Minis are considered bmws, and allowed to join anyways, but you can enter your P-car. The cost is $535 for 2-days includes banquet dinner, etc. We will be using the ALMS track and the 'D' section of the oval. You just need a helmet for this, unlike most PCA or POC events. link: http://www.bmwclubla.org/
Old 08-07-2003, 04:08 PM
v8huntr
Intermediate

what is DIY website?
Old 08-07-2003, 04:27 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Loren,
That's the way it is installed, it curves back and then up to the radiator where it was too long. What exactly does it curve around before it heads for the radiator? It must curve behind something and then up to the front of the car. That's all I can figure to explain why it is short. Like I said, I don't believe there are any kinks, but to be on the safe side I'm going back in wish me luck...
I'll post or email some pics if I ever get it right so you can update the DIY.

DIY=Do It Yourself

Quick Reply: Just finished the third radiator install...