Sponsored by:

Hard Top

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 03:47 PM
mumanoff
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard Top

Just curious how many people with cabriolets living in cold climates actually use a removable hardtop. Is it worth obtaining or just a pain in the ****?
Old 08-07-2003, 05:12 PM
Gretch
Range Master
Pepsie Lite
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,235 Likes on 755 Posts

I use mine. generally install it in October, put the car away end of november. take it out in April and go to rag top mid may.
Old 08-07-2003, 06:15 PM
01 C4 Cab NYC
Burning Brakes

mumanoff,
if you are gonna drive your car during the winter months, get one....Jersey can get pretty cold and nasty...
Old 08-07-2003, 07:03 PM
Back-n-Black
Instructor

I picked up my 2001 C2 Cab used, and it was optioned with hardtop delete. I picked up a "take off" hardtop in nearly new condition from SunCoast Porsche. Although I live in Florida I wanted to have a hard top to complete my car. I put it on for the first time in Feb this year for about 6 weeks. It gives the cab a different look and a much quieter interior. It also keeps us thin blooded Florida people warm.

I have one of those rolling storage stands and cover for the hard top, which keeps it upright against the wall in my garage. It seems to be doing just fine that way. It is a 2 person job putting it on and taking it off (unless you have one of those hoist thingys).

My Cab is a daily driver and whenever I can I drive it with the top down, so the hardtop is mostly just for a brief change once a year, not a requirement at all down here.

Quick Reply: Hard Top