removable wheel
air bags removed
rear interior and sound proofing removed
gt3 nose (unpainted)

I have original interior bits and air bags

motor, clutch, and exhaust is gone.

long story, 2 words: fabian roock

looking to sell what I have.

Last edited by nowata; 07-19-2014 at 08:48 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:23 PM
z06801
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are you looking to get out of it?
Old 05-16-2014, 02:39 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

Up here you need to have a working Air Bag to get the car on the road after buying it. So if the sensors, module and wiring are gone too, this might be a tough sell. To me this car is worth less than a car that is untouched but has a non running engine. Therefore, $3500 is what it would worth to me. You are better off parting it out at thia point.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:39 PM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

To another racer who might have a smashed up body with good clutch and engine available, it might be worth more than you think. There has got to be lots of those 'would be racer' people around. Someone (beside yourself) is out there, sitting in the corner, wiping the tears from his eyes, wondering what the hell just happened. You left the pumpkins in it. Uuuum.. theres a plus for you... Good luck with your decision..
Old 05-16-2014, 05:04 PM
Diablo360
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can probably get close to $10k or more if you part it out. The GT3 seats alone are worth $2500. Is that an OEM Tequipment roll bar I see? Add another $1000. Are those litronics? If so add $800, or $500 if halogen. BBS wheels add $1500. Turbo Twists add $1000. Factory 3 spoke steering wheel add $800 (if you have the airbag). Factory sport seats add $1000. Look up the prices for all the other parts on Ebay, sell them, and then sell the stripped chassis for a few grand. See where this is going? I wouldn't take any lowball offers until you sell off the most expensive parts that I listed above. People aren't going to want to pay more than $5k for everything, so why not sell a few parts real quick, net around $7k, and then sell the chassis for a few grand to the vultures out there.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:08 PM
AA717driver
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Off topic-- Nice garage. KA200 (or, is that an F90?) and Cobra replica?

TC
Old 05-16-2014, 05:29 PM
pmkazz
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Also would like to understand the two words, "fabian roock", and the WTF happened?
Old 05-16-2014, 06:09 PM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by pmkazz
Also would like to understand the two words, "fabian roock", and the WTF happened?
Interesting.....https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turb...r-service.html
Old 05-16-2014, 07:23 PM
BED997
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 45 Posts

There is a '99 roller on the Porsche club of America classifieds for $5,000. No affiliation. Engine blown and says needs clutch as well.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:41 PM
alpine003
Banned

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete
Now I understand "who" he is but did he not send parts to complete the car to the OP or something? Sorry it's Friday and I'm a bit thick having started drinking at work since lunch time.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:58 AM
996Cranium
1st Gear

Default You just asking or do you wanna sell? I'd be interested in buying.

Please contact me if you want to sell.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:44 AM
nowata
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts
Default AHHH. FABIAN ROOCK = CROOK.

Originally Posted by pmkazz
long story:
my dad and I had done a few DE's with our personal cars (z06 and a 991 tip cab). we wanted more of a dedicated track car. and figured we could swap sessions and use one car. we'd seen some other father-son teams doing this and they looked to be having a grand time. we work together so it's precious few opportunities to do something together and not butt heads. so we purchased this car in 2007 to do father-son experience stuff like DE with the PCA (nord stern, Milwaukee, Chicago, etc.). I promptly added gt3 seats, bar, harnesses, and removable wheel thru auto edge in st paul mn. at our first track event my dad over revved the motor or got oil starvation at road America. we'll never know. I spent a ton of time researching options for a new motor. frankly, one of the shops most willing to discuss options was Fabian Roock in Atlanta. most other shops told me to send the car down and they'll put in a crate motor, rebuilt motor, or to go buy a gt3, which was a moot point at that stage. at this time there was a lot of buzz about 3.4 oil starvation. Fabian claimed to have successfully done many 3.6 upgrades with his valve timing switch and what not. Fabian and I settled on a price to replace my 3.4 with a rebuilt 3.6 which was to receive a brey Krause oil pan space, fabspeed exhaust, LN engineering shaft, gt3 front nose cone. he also agreed to replace 2nd gear as my dad had "zinged" it during his lap sessions. this was all going to take 2 weeks in his "pristine shop". then the sh-T hit the fan: no more replies from Fabian, he hired an answering service, his English became unrecognizable, he took off to Germany many times, my brand new featherlite trailer and a pickup loaned from a good friend were vandalized. Fabian had to relocate to a different shop. again this is after multiple strenuous attempts to rear Fabian and get answers. i even called LN engineering to see if they had ever received a PO from Fabian and they laughed when i told them what was going on. they said they'd never work with that guy.

After 2-3 years of going thru this, I finally cut my losses and drove down last April and hauled the car back. I was told that the original 3.4 was "lost" as were the new exhaust, clutch, and the bulk of the 3.6 replacement motor.

I could go on and on. Fabian has a real reputation that you only find out about after paying the price. I have been told to feel very lucky that I got as much of my car back as I did.

my understanding is that Fabian is back on his feet with another shop in Atlanta. So I guess we'll see who is his next victim. the guy is here on a german Visa and he seems to have a pattern of this.

so there you have it. now I want to part with the "roller".

Last edited by nowata; 05-19-2014 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:45 AM
nowata
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BED997
There is a '99 roller on the Porsche club of America classifieds for $5,000. No affiliation. Engine blown and says needs clutch as well.
NOT MY CAR.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:44 PM
Canuck714
Instructor

Wow... crazy story.

Any legal action taken?
Any thoughts of keeping the car and building an LS track car with it?
Old 05-19-2014, 01:58 PM
nowata
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Canuck714
Wow... crazy story.

Any legal action taken?
Any thoughts of keeping the car and building an LS track car with it?
I've been told from several attorneys that the legal process would likely go my way (small claims in GA is $15k), but collecting may not. Fabian know this. it's crazy how poor his English became once he got his money.

I've been told to make it known on rennlist, PCA, and 6speed. when I write down what happened, i'm like "Duh you paid before the work was done?". but that doesn't change the fact that I did not receive what I agreed to and paid for. and, frankly, not a lot of shops will do work of this nature without earnest money and progress payments.

so anyone reading this should pass it along, re-post it under other threads, etc. etc. because this guy is ripping off very passionate car people and should be allowed to operate in this country. I've learned a bit since then (mostly to stay away from Porsche unless can afford a $60-100k gt3 to beat on). but it's easy to categorize a lot of shops like Fabian. there are good ones out there and this guy discredits the profession. other shops may say "Fabian is our best salesperson." but what good is that theory when the guy is out of money?

my father and I run a top notch business. and we have seen the skepticism from customers who have been "burned". they think everyone is the same and modify their tactics as such. guys like Fabian Roock poison the well. enough of the manifesto.

LS? as in a v8? believe, me i'd love to put a decent motor into this very decent chassis. but Renegade get's around $27k for this. so they start with a $5-10k car value, add $27k worth of work and parts, and end up with a car worth $15-20k IF you can find a buyer.

Quick Reply: what's this 996 roller worth?