Originally posted by NickS
"No highs, no lows, it must be BOSE"
Beat me to it...
Old 08-06-2003, 10:36 AM
SICAONE
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sloth/Carlos,

Thanks for the advice. I will start looking into setups for the components. Possibly go with MB Quarts or Boston Pro's.

ButterNut, yes you have better subs than me. You have 8W7's and I have 8W3's. You win, you are just more of an audiophile than I am........Check the mail for your prize next week. I am sure your system sounds really good but I just prefer to spend my money on other things.
Old 08-06-2003, 03:36 PM
Carlos from Spain
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by SICAONE
Sloth/Carlos,

Thanks for the advice. I will start looking into setups for the components. Possibly go with MB Quarts or Boston Pro's.
Check out a pair of high-end Focal woofers for the doors and tweeters for the dash component system, you will fall in love with them besides if you chage the stock door speakers, you need to change the tweeters too to match. Focal in general are the best speakers for such applications IMO, of course thats a personal opinion and a matter of taste.

I'm currently designing a stereo for my wife's car with my installer that I've known for years (the guy is genius at this and very straight foward, he did an exhibition car for Vieta recently that's being displayed around the counrtry that just blew me away) and thats what I'm putting in her car in terms of doors and dash.

He will also fit under the floor of the trunk so its stealth, the amp (to be decided yet) and the anti-skip 10-CD changer for the headunit. A 10" bandpass sub enclosure and if I don't like it then a sealed 8-10" sub box inside the trunk, and the Pioneer's top of the line 9700R headunit with a Dig Sound Procesor equalizer incorporated I had laying around the house from a previous install. That should satisfy my wife

BTW I heard the latest pair of the top of the line tweeters from Focal today and blew me away , but about 1000$ the pair I think
Old 08-06-2003, 03:51 PM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Also consider the JL component speakers that I always mention. IMO they sound excellent. Slightly different than Quart and Focal with the tweeters not being as bright. They are also easier on the wallet. I will second what Carlos says... upgrade the tweets and the mid in the dash at the same time.

Last edited by Sloth; 08-06-2003 at 04:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket stereo systems