List of common FAQ/fixes/issues etc. - Page 6 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
996 Forum

List of common FAQ/fixes/issues etc.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:17 AM
karungguni
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thank you!
Old 01-25-2017, 11:43 PM
TonyTwoBags
Addict
Rennlist Member

This little hose needs an end point if I'm going to get the coolant system up & running again. Anyone know its attachment point?
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2017, 12:03 AM
Ahsai
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TonyTwoBags View Post
This little hose needs an end point if I'm going to get the coolant system up & running again. Anyone know its attachment point?
It connects to the small tee fitting off this thermostat hose

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/727612-new-water-pump-hose-doesn-t-fit.html
Old 01-26-2017, 12:06 AM
Ahsai
Addict
Rennlist Member

Old 01-26-2017, 12:14 AM
TonyTwoBags
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Ahsai. Owe you a bottle of your favorite spirits

just checked and it looks like I just need to grab a new t fitting. Best case scenario so far

Last edited by TonyTwoBags; 01-26-2017 at 12:36 AM.
Old 01-26-2017, 01:36 AM
Ahsai
Addict
Rennlist Member

Old 01-31-2017, 03:26 PM
TonyTwoBags
Addict
Rennlist Member

Have this part in the mail. It was $13 so I didn't go through the extensive diagrams to pinpoint it. Sure seems like the right part is included. Have the airbox out now, if it requires an engine out I may just have the fine gentlemen at Morris Brothers take care of it.

996-106-851-03-M100

@ahsai - Is that beautiful m96 your main car or a project?
Old 01-31-2017, 05:31 PM
Ahsai
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks! It's my project car. I have another virtually identical '03 as a DD. Two Porsche doubles the happiness
Old 03-16-2017, 10:40 AM
DBJoe996
Addict
Rennlist Member

This website contains some good useful information on Porsche technical specs, fuses and relays, maintenance specs and schedules, etc. http://howtoporsche.com/
Old 04-04-2017, 04:26 PM
orangeman
User

Hi. I successfully created a thread asking a question and had no problem. I then tried creating another thread for a question, and when I tried to publish, it said it had to be reviewed by a moderator. That was about 3 days ago and I have not seen it. I have a serious issue with my car now I need to ask a question about, and I got the same message about it needing to be reviewed. Is there a reason my 2nd and 3rd posts need review? Is it because I included an external link? Appreciate any guidance. Thanks.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:36 PM
AWDGuy
User

whats the question?
Old 04-04-2017, 04:40 PM
orangeman
User

This is what my latest post said:

Well, on my 9th official day of 911 ownership, I already have a medium-sized disaster.

I sent my ECU to we well-known tuner via USPS. Long story short, USPS says they delivered to the correct address, tuner has no idea where the ECU is, never took delivery. I am of course still working with the vender and the USPS on this, but it's now been 5 days, and no one knows where my ECU is, so I am planning for the worst. I do not want to go into any further detail on that now, as I am still trying to resolve.

Yes, it was insured, but I am having issues with that end, as USPS says they did their part and delivered the package correctly. I will take care of that as it unfolds. Apparently there was no signature, I assumed there would just be one on an insured priority package.

Anyways, Porsche quoted me $4,975 for a new Bosch DME and the requisite programming to get me back running. I have a high-end shop in my area also putting together a quote.

As I mentioned, I have no idea (and no control over) what the results of the insurance claim will be. We've all heard the stories. My question is, if buy everything, the ECU, Immobilizer, ignition column, door lock, matching keys, like this example here, and switched everything over, wouldn't that work? How would the car know the difference?

I am not trying to reprogram the immobilizer or keys, so why would I need the IPAS codes or previous car's VIN #?

Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this?

Thanks a ton. The good news is, you guys might be getting a brand new, unopened IDP Plenum, GT3 throttle body, BMC filter and PC950 lightweight battery for dirt cheap...
Old 04-04-2017, 08:24 PM
jhbrennan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by orangeman View Post
This is what my latest post said:

Well, on my 9th official day of 911 ownership, I already have a medium-sized disaster.

I sent my ECU to we well-known tuner via USPS. Long story short, USPS says they delivered to the correct address, tuner has no idea where the ECU is, never took delivery. I am of course still working with the vender and the USPS on this, but it's now been 5 days, and no one knows where my ECU is, so I am planning for the worst. I do not want to go into any further detail on that now, as I am still trying to resolve.

Yes, it was insured, but I am having issues with that end, as USPS says they did their part and delivered the package correctly. I will take care of that as it unfolds. Apparently there was no signature, I assumed there would just be one on an insured priority package.

Anyways, Porsche quoted me $4,975 for a new Bosch DME and the requisite programming to get me back running. I have a high-end shop in my area also putting together a quote.

As I mentioned, I have no idea (and no control over) what the results of the insurance claim will be. We've all heard the stories. My question is, if buy everything, the ECU, Immobilizer, ignition column, door lock, matching keys, like this example here, and switched everything over, wouldn't that work? How would the car know the difference?

I am not trying to reprogram the immobilizer or keys, so why would I need the IPAS codes or previous car's VIN #?

Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this?

Thanks a ton. The good news is, you guys might be getting a brand new, unopened IDP Plenum, GT3 throttle body, BMC filter and PC950 lightweight battery for dirt cheap...
What a mess...hope it all works out for you. Too late now but I never use USPS for any high value shipments - use UPS, DHL, FedEx, etc. These companies are used to getting direct signatures on delivery of high value items.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:24 PM
orangeman
User

Yeah, thanks man, I'm sure sometime will work out.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:02 AM
Vancouver996
Addict
Rennlist Member

This article thread keeps growing , lots of good videos too .
https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...-articles.html