Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

FVD Brombacher - High Quality IMS Repair Kits are $ 495 - New Release!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 02:31 PM
silvergray951
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by STAGGERWING
Michael--the color of your Pcar is outstanding !
Thanks Bob! Its seal grey .
Old 03-27-2014, 05:35 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have uploaded the pictures (page one of this post) of the final iteration of our single row bearing just now. The one that I originally listed was one of our original test bearings that we sacrificed to show the ceramic bearings. All of the single row bearings we have sold will have the brown Viton seal.

To those who have ordered or are planning to order, you will by no means be the first to try these bearings. FVD Germany released these in late 2013 after being tested in house and currently 70 cars are running the single row bearing and 48 cars are running the dual row bearing. All without issue.

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Want to learn more about us? Click here...

Old 04-03-2015, 03:14 AM
RRRUFF
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
Thanks Danny, Sorry about the release timing.

It is a very fair price for such a high quality bearing. We don’t want to capitalize on fear, we only want to bring an excellent product to market so that you have more options for replacing your IMS bearing. Also please keep in mind that we have better pricing for our forum members.

The dual row bearing cannot be made in ceramic, by SKF at the moment because of the pressure points on the cage. Having said we have chosen the best materials, seal and grease on the dual row from SKF as well. The service life for the dual row is calculated in hours by SKF and at an average of 40 kph for example the service life equates to 250,000 kilometers. The ceramic equates to 500,000 kilometers.

We purposely seal the bearing. The real culprit on the OEM bearing is the seal. Our seal consists of a Viton outer seal backed with a metal sleeve which does not deteriorate and keeps the grease safe from being washed out.
Our stance is not to reinvent the wheel so to speak, just make what was originally designed better and make sure that the service life is doubled. That is exactly what we have done.

FVD Brombacher bearings are made by SKF in Germany for us to resell. We have no affiliation with anyone and do not sell the bearings individually.
Rhonda,

How would one get your special pricing for forum members?

Thx!
Old 04-06-2015, 05:48 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Love that Avatar! pm sent. Thanks! Rhonda
Old 04-07-2015, 12:51 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,169 Likes on 797 Posts

From FVD Brombacher website...
"FVD IMS Bearings are manufactured by SMT in Japan and are highest rated SMT “Super-Precision” class of bearings which are characterized by:

High-speed capability
High load carrying capacity
High stiffness
Low Friction"...

Yet in the original post in this thread (3/xx/14) it says this :

"FVD IMS Bearings are manufactured by SKF in Germany and are highest rated SKF “Super-Precision” class of bearings which are characterized by:

High-speed capability
High load carrying capacity
High stiffness
Low Friction"...

Have the manufacturers changed? Is it just the dual row ISB that's made in Japan? Why?
Old 04-07-2015, 05:41 PM
Schnell Gelb
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Even better, just spec & buy your own Hybrid bearing .
Just Google for 6204(or whatever bearing you need) high+temperature. All the high temperature does is to get you a Viton instead of a Buna seal and synthetic high-temp grease. There is a suggestion in another post (not my original idea)that a vented bearing is a good idea .
All the grease/seal combo does is lubricate and cool the bearing. There are other ways of providing lube+cooling.
http://www.nskeurope.com/cps/rde/xch...-bearings.html
The NSK spec would be ? 6204 DDU7 c3 x26
or SKF 6204 20x47x14mm C3 GJN 2RS
But there is already a reliable kit/custom bearing available from LN, so why?

Last edited by Schnell Gelb; 04-21-2015 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:05 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

dporto, We initially consulted with SKF, and that was the information that I was given. Later when we actually started the purchasing of the bearings we dealt directly with SLF in Germany for the Single Row and SMT in Japan for the dual row. Basically they are the highest quality manufacturers recommended by SKF for the bearings we needed and the quantities we needed.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:55 PM
mikefocke
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Hurdigurdiman
Have the ones from LN Engineering been road tested?
We have to be careful when talking LN as there are 4 kits from the same developers with different characteristics. With varying degrees of real world owner driven experience, some with multi-million cumulative miles, some with 5 years and some with 5k plus installs. Into engines with good installations and not so good ones. Even into ones with what are starting to be known now as not good prognosis for success.

Are any of these bearing kits from any maker adequately tested? Hardly. I've been critical of that since the fist kit was introduced. But if we wait for the million mile ten year tests we never get anything till then. After all Porsche tested with their 100k test mules and what did we get?
Old 04-22-2015, 11:07 AM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,169 Likes on 797 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
dporto, We initially consulted with SKF, and that was the information that I was given. Later when we actually started the purchasing of the bearings we dealt directly with SLF in Germany for the Single Row and SMT in Japan for the dual row. Basically they are the highest quality manufacturers recommended by SKF for the bearings we needed and the quantities we needed.
Thank you for the concise reply - makes sense! I would still find the lit/descriptions contradictory/confusing if reading without the benefit of this post...
Old 03-08-2016, 01:44 PM
Rusty Heap
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bumping an old post, to see now a year later how these FVD bearings may be holding up and customer satisfaction?

for my 03 C4S I have a single row I believe, so is this the SKF, or Japan mfr of the bearing and seals? Metal jacket in the seal or is that the double row?

Rhonda?
Old 03-08-2016, 03:59 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

All told well over a 1,000 sold. No issues whatsoever.

62,000 miles / 100,000 kms service life on each bearing.

We initially consulted with SKF, they sent us to their subsidiary and the actual manufacturer of your bearing, SLF, they are located in Germany.

SMT Japan makes the Dual Row.
Old 03-08-2016, 04:30 PM
alpine003
Banned

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Wow, even after a 2 year thread bump, that's what I call customer service.
Old 03-09-2016, 03:51 PM
lingpoen
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes...good job!
Old 03-10-2016, 11:16 PM
mech503
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rhonda do the dual row bearings have Viton seals and abec-9 rating?

Last edited by mech503; 03-11-2016 at 02:50 PM.
Old 03-15-2016, 11:08 AM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Due to the way that the SMT Dual Rows are constructed they have metal seals. They also do not list an abec rating.

We also have the dual rows spec'd for 62,000 miles / 100,000 kms service life on each bearing.

Quick Reply: FVD Brombacher - High Quality IMS Repair Kits are $ 495 - New Release!!