Sponsored by:

Damn SUV hit my car

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 04:11 PM
SPR
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Damn SUV hit my car

I was driving on sunset to a barbecue on Sunday and an Suv pulls out and stops upon seeing me; blocking both lanes. I swerve around and nearly miss it. It guns it as it sees oncoming traffic which was following me. It nails my enire side and rear of the car sending it in a 360. I saved the car from hitting a street pole in the 360 but am left with the damage suffered from impact.

Where is a good place and or "the place" that I should take my car? As some might know, there wasn't a ding, dent, scratch, or any flaw or mar on the car anywhere. I am sooooo mad. I was in the hospital for 6 hours with my friend and myself being checked out/treated.

Please let me know if anyone has any good places to recommend. I am thinking of taking it to Beverly Hills Porsche as it is down the street and was highly reccommended but dunno.

It also turns out that the lady that hit me ended up giving me my information back to me istead of hers! Luckily I got her, as far as I know, drivers liscense number. Intially also, it looked like she wasn't going to stop. I had to run after the car after I got my car stopped, some distance. I can't belive all of this! On top of it today is my birthday - woopty freaking do! She didn't even wait after I told her that the police were coming to take a report after we exchanged info. I have contacted the police further today and felony hit and run charges were entered and the case has been turned over to detectives. I have been fighting puking 24/7 since then mainly probably from my anxiety about all this. I hope that the license ends up being correct and that she and her insurance will take the proper responsibility for her gross negligence. Thanks in advance
Old 07-22-2003, 04:53 PM
DaveH
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry I can't refer you to a shop for repairs but I feel your pain. What a pisser. I can only imagine your agony.

Obviously the good news (for what it's worth) is you're not injured and a good shop will put you right. Good luck!
Old 07-22-2003, 05:59 PM
Mark Wheeler
Racer

Sean,

I'm very sorry to hear about your accident - although I can't help with a recommended body shop, I'd go with all OEM parts and get the most experienced paint and body shop around that has a large percentage of their work being Porsches and other high-end exotic cars. Also find out if the body shop has digital alignment and measuring equipment since it's a lot more accurate than analog systems. (Digital equipment has all the dimensions of your car stored on a hard drive so that it's restored exactly to factory measurements/specifications.) You can also ask you area PCA folks for solid recommendations.

I hope that helps, and that your beautiful car gets fixed soon. As a side note, thank goodness you were in a P-Car because they are built like tanks!

Keep your head up and good luck,
Mark
Old 07-22-2003, 07:59 PM
20C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 84 Posts

SPR,
Sorry to hear that maybe i could help a little.

the place is call

AVIO COACH CRAFT
2245 PONTIUS AVE.
WEST LOS ANGELES, CA 90064
(310) 312-1128

If u decide to take ur car there, talk to Avio only. he is such a nice guy and the owner too. they do mostly Porsche cars, plus some Audi, bimmer, and MB. stop by to check them out. i had nice experience with them & i'm going back next few weeks for some custom paint job.

good luck! let me know if u pick them.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:32 PM
Shant
Track Day

Default good place

hey there,

sorry bout that accident.

needed a bodyshop about a year ago, and did EXTENSIVE research in the Los Angeles area. I ended up going to a shop called "D.C. Autocraft", located in Burbank. Before committing myself to that shop, I drove down to get a "tour" of the place. clean operation. had ferraris, porsche, audi, mercedes. they did a quality job, and cost was not overpriced (compared to what other body shops wanted).
Old 07-22-2003, 09:31 PM
raffi
Pro

Beverly hills porsche will send the car to Golden Hammer. At least that is where they sent me twice. I had the smallest dent on a 993, but it wasnt my fault so I wanted the best work done since I wouldnt have to pay. I think they charged over $5000 to repaint the rear bumper and I assume took it off and made sure everything was ok other than cosmetics. When i got the car back i swear there was a drip mark and for some reason the rear tailight was loose. They also kept the car for over 2 weeks. They have a real nice waiting room though and tons of exotic cars.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:39 PM
safetywork
Instructor

SPR, really sorry to hear what happened. I do know a body shop that seems to do good work in Cerritos (McKenna uses them) but unfortunately I'm out of the country. It sounds like you're okay though, thats the important thing.
Old 07-22-2003, 10:26 PM
Redlinerobert
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 119 Posts

Sean,

That really sucks - I was in an accident a few weeks ago on Wilshire and took my car (03 Carlsson CLK) to Beverly Coach Craft. I understand they do great work.

Glad you're ok.
Old 07-23-2003, 02:52 AM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

That's terrible. I feel so sorry for you.
At least your safe.

I can't help with bodyshop recommendation (I'm in the UK) but I can recommend everyone reading this carry a small cheap digital camera (with batteries) in the trunk. I keep mine in an aluminium canister. Having photos of the accident scene can be paramount to winning an insurance and/or law suite claim. I assume you got some witnesses?
Old 07-23-2003, 04:43 AM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Thats rough... sorry to hear about that. Pleased to hear that you and your passenger were alright. The car is replaceable/fixable, the contents are not always so. A real downer on your birthday, but best wishes anyhow.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:25 AM
Carlos from Spain
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Damn SUV hit my car

Originally posted by SPR
I was driving on sunset to a barbecue on Sunday and an Suv pulls out and stops upon seeing me; blocking both lanes. I swerve around and nearly miss it. It guns it as it sees oncoming traffic which was following me. It nails my enire side and rear of the car sending it in a 360. I saved the car from hitting a street pole in the 360 but am left with the damage suffered from impact.

Where is a good place and or "the place" that I should take my car? As some might know, there wasn't a ding, dent, scratch, or any flaw or mar on the car anywhere. I am sooooo mad. I was in the hospital for 6 hours with my friend and myself being checked out/treated.

Please let me know if anyone has any good places to recommend. I am thinking of taking it to Beverly Hills Porsche as it is down the street and was highly reccommended but dunno.

It also turns out that the lady that hit me ended up giving me my information back to me istead of hers! Luckily I got her, as far as I know, drivers liscense number. Intially also, it looked like she wasn't going to stop. I had to run after the car after I got my car stopped, some distance. I can't belive all of this! On top of it today is my birthday - woopty freaking do! She didn't even wait after I told her that the police were coming to take a report after we exchanged info. I have contacted the police further today and felony hit and run charges were entered and the case has been turned over to detectives. I have been fighting puking 24/7 since then mainly probably from my anxiety about all this. I hope that the license ends up being correct and that she and her insurance will take the proper responsibility for her gross negligence. Thanks in advance
Thats sad to hear SPR, I glad you are OK. Anybody can cause an accident (though I never have) like that SUV driver but for the way she behaved afterwards she should have the priviledge of driving revoked.

Last edited by Carlos from Spain; 07-23-2003 at 12:28 PM.
Old 07-23-2003, 12:07 PM
SPR
Drifting

Thanks all. Yeah I am not too impressed with anything so far. It is such a downer that I really dont' want to deal with anything right now although obviously I must. Thanks for the referrals.
Old 07-23-2003, 03:12 PM
SPR
Drifting

Default sorry I meant I was not impressed by the lady and or what's going on

Not by your guy's help. Just wanted to make that clear. Sorry I am on pain killers from my injuries.
Old 07-24-2003, 01:07 AM
Khalid
Instructor

thank god you are allright and sorry about your car ...

i had similar accident before one month .. a woman hit my car and ran away .. but i got her and i had a fight with the insurance company and i just took my car last week for repair ....

i know how that feels .. i felt the same ... god help you
Old 07-24-2003, 01:10 AM
SPR
Drifting

Well luckily I got her dl license and it seems like it might be her. The detectives will do their work from here on. I hope so, and that everything else works out. Thanks for your thoughts, Everyone. I went to get things out of my car today. Man it was really sad to see it so hurt. All this time and care to not have a scratch or a dent and now it's just masacred. Man!

Quick Reply: Damn SUV hit my car