Sponsored by:

Finally finishing AOS/RMS/IMS

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 08:22 AM
sandersd
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ahsai
Good news on the O2 sensors that they passed. Regarding the cats, add techron on a fresh tank of gas, run through the whole tank and then retest. There is a good chance this failure is due to the stake gas and engine inactivity in the past yr. It may go away once you drive the car more.

If not, 200 cell sport cats is always a great option for folks outside of CA and NY.
The tank was half full when I filled up. I added Lucas Fuel Treatment and injector cleaner to the tank but after reading up a bit on old gas and its related issues I think I'll add the Techron also. After researching I realize I should have just drained it.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:56 PM
sandersd
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I reinstalled the Bose subwoofer and shifter console and now everything sounds like I remember it. It's amazing how much engine, transmission, and suspension noise is dampened by the console and sub. If you really want to hear the engine take out the sub and you'll get an earful. It makes me wonder if cars without the sub are as noisy as mine was.

I'm still getting the cat fail but I'll run this tank empty and refill with fresh gas and see if it changes. Maybe I'll add a can of cat cleaner too.

Quick Reply: Finally finishing AOS/RMS/IMS