Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Changing IMS/RMS; but adding aos and 1 o2 sensor for $11100???

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 02:47 PM
soverystout
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by j_five
3 hours labor; they said it would normally be 6... Just talked to them and the ims rms and aos would be $2899 out the door.
that price (while still a litle bit high) is more in line with what it should cost.

I paid $2600 for IMS/AOS (RMS was done under warranty) and replacing the tri connect coolant hose near the AOS (that can be brittle after a decade of heat cycles), and a gallon of coolant. (The tri connection is plastic, not rubber).

This was done by a very reputable Indy in SE Pennsylvania.

Just a reference point.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:23 PM
j_five
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soverystout
that price (while still a litle bit high) is more in line with what it should cost.

I paid $2600 for IMS/AOS (RMS was done under warranty) and replacing the tri connect coolant hose near the AOS (that can be brittle after a decade of heat cycles), and a gallon of coolant. (The tri connection is plastic, not rubber).

Just a reference point.
k thanks; that helps knowing it's within range
Old 10-10-2013, 07:20 PM
dgjks6
Drifting

Received 254 Likes on 162 Posts

I priced the clutch, IMS, and AOS at the dealer. They took the book price for the IMS and added the book price for the clutch, then the book price for the AOS. They did not take into account that to get the IMS all the labor for the AOS and clutch is done.

I had an indy do it. Just added parts for AOS and would have just added parts for clutch if needed (which it did not).

I would try to negotiate with them. My dealer would not, but maybe you may have some luck.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:30 PM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by soverystout

Just a reference point.
Jim would you mind telling me the name, address and tel number of your very reputable Indy in SE Pennsylvania.
I don't need one right now but may in the future if I can't DIY a certain job.. Thanks.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:50 PM
Zanzibar Red 996
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hardback
A little high? 560 per o2 sensor? I'd say your Indy is smoking kush. Replace it yourself.
This is just plan wrong, what a irresponsible statement.
It's obvious he was smoking
A Sativa, Not a Indica.

Quick Reply: Changing IMS/RMS; but adding aos and 1 o2 sensor for $11100???