Sponsored by:

zip in replacement cab window

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 12:07 PM
babylonboots
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by wucash
You said you glued yours? how long did that last for? Is there any temporary solutions, I am thinking of upgrading to Turbo next year so don't want to be spending too much money on this one.
I used the "6000" glue from Michaels. The have a UV-6800 glue that may be better.

Once the glue sets, it lasts for years. I fixed a corner two years ago and haven't had any problems with that part of the top. Make sure you glue it, clamp it for 48 hrs. I used two pieces of wood and a large C clamp to hold it while it cured.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:26 PM
frisbee91
Three Wheelin'

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by wucash
What is the friss fix? My top window just seperated today. there is big gap at the bottom left corner, I have a feeling by tomorrow morning it will be full length wise.
I believe he was referring to my DIY from a few years ago. I did a combination glue and sew repair job on my window in 2010. Three years later, it's still holding up great. The only thing I would skip is the use of the silicone caulk to waterproof the seam. Just use a heavy application of Raggtop or Porsche convertible top waterproofing spray on the seam instead.

A detailed write-up on the DIY cab rear window repair is here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...epair-diy.html

It's a time consuming process, but the results were worth it.

Quick Reply: zip in replacement cab window