Sponsored by:

996 Mk I GT3 / Aerokit I Bumper Mesh Inserts

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Jaydoggster
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 996 Mk I GT3 / Aerokit I Bumper Mesh Inserts

So I've looked through the threads here and did some googling, but I can't seem to find any quality pre-fabbed kits for bumper mesh inserts on the 996 Mk I GT3/Aerokit front bumper. As I understand it, FVD did the originals for the cup cars, is that correct? I'm not quite sure where those can be found anymore stateside, though. Can any of you guys direct me, or to other viable options? Those of you who are advocates of DIY mesh, what do you use to adhere the mesh?
Much thanks,
-j
Old 07-02-2013, 03:21 PM
pmkazz
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

http://www.automotion.com/1999+porsc...1998-2001.html
Old 07-02-2013, 04:46 PM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This subject has been discussed in the past and a little more effort in locating the previous threads. I personally think it is silly to pay $260 for mesh screens when you can do like I did and purchase generic ones from Pep Boys for $35 and they are new and aluminum shiney. If you don't like shiney, you can do like I did and have them powder coated back for an additional $15 per screen.
Attached Images  
Old 07-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Jaydoggster
Advanced

pmk,
Thanks for the link, I've gone through that site, but what I'm not finding is the kit for the Mk I 996 GT3 (same front bumper as yours).

Hi Larry,
Thanks for the hand slap, not exactly what I was looking for. I've looked through the threads and I can no longer locate a site that sells kits for a Mk I 996 GT3. I heard FVD did the originals for cup cars, but I can't seem to find theirs stateside. The other question was if you did it yourself, what did you use to adhere it, and would you have used something else?

Thanks
-j
Old 07-02-2013, 07:58 PM
pmkazz
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaydoggster
pmk,
Thanks for the link, I've gone through that site, but what I'm not finding is the kit for the Mk I 996 GT3 (same front bumper as yours).

Thanks
-j
Sorry. Check this one then. This is for the aerokit which is the same front bumper as the GT3...

http://www.automotion.com/front-gril...1998-2001.html
Old 07-02-2013, 08:16 PM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

For me it was easy, the unit came with the mesh screens, but very poor quality. The ones that I purchased from Pep Boys were a better quality and I just used the old ones for templets, then did the powder coating and slipped them right in. My bumper is a MA Shaw, and installation is very easy. Good luck

Originally Posted by Jaydoggster
pmk,

Hi Larry,
Thanks for the hand slap, not exactly what I was looking for. I've looked through the threads and I can no longer locate a site that sells kits for a Mk I 996 GT3. I heard FVD did the originals for cup cars, but I can't seem to find theirs stateside. The other question was if you did it yourself, what did you use to adhere it, and would you have used something else?

Thanks
-j
Old 07-03-2013, 02:19 AM
Jaydoggster
Advanced

Thanks guys.

Morgan, did you use an adhesive or tabs for your installation? Has it held well?

Last edited by Jaydoggster; 07-04-2013 at 06:09 PM.

Quick Reply: 996 Mk I GT3 / Aerokit I Bumper Mesh Inserts