996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

New member, new 911 (millenium w/ pics)

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 09:34 AM
NineEreven
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

test fitting the front bumper, looks really good on the front with the MK1 headlights. I primarily chose this bumper because it lets a lot of air into the third radiator im installing.

The pic above is using NO hardware and no modifications to get it to fit. It is litterally just resting on the crash bar. So the fitment is going to be spot on once its screwed into place.

Last edited by NineEreven; 12-31-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:37 AM
NineEreven
Rennlist Member

Phew! Last post for now! Maybe more tomorrow as I make some more progress...

Here is a teaser pic of the car in its current condition. (Don't worry I cleaned up my mess after the photo haha, I keep very tidy while working on the car).

I have a garage in my backyard that I keep my bmw's and the girls car in, and then I keep all my project stuff in my basement garage. Just got the house so no judging as I haven't renovated the basement/garage yet. Looks like something out of shutter island lol
Old 12-31-2013, 09:52 AM
scorchpa
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Some crazy cool photography. Very nice ride!
Old 12-31-2013, 10:10 AM
NineEreven
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by scorchpa
Some crazy cool photography. Very nice ride!
Thanks, I think i have enjoyed working on this car more than anything so far. In theory it should be terrible to work on but it is quite easy. Thanks!
Old 12-31-2013, 10:21 AM
scorchpa
Instructor

Originally Posted by NineEreven
Thanks, I think i have enjoyed working on this car more than anything so far. In theory it should be terrible to work on but it is quite easy. Thanks!
Ya... I had never worked on ANY car before.... bought this for something I can tinker with (and needed to get it before it was considered a mid life crisis since I'm only a couple years shy of 40). Just finished doing the brakes - piece of cake.... I removed the center console and vinyl wrapped it since the paint was flaking bad, replaced the ignition switch, improved all the headunit, etc etc etc, no problems at all..... haven't driven the car more than 1000 miles since I bought it, but love the time in the garage as much as the time driving!
Old 12-31-2013, 10:24 AM
NineEreven
Rennlist Member

Ya... I had never worked on ANY car before.... bought this for something I can tinker with (and needed to get it before it was considered a mid life crisis since I'm only a couple years shy of 40). Just finished doing the brakes - piece of cake.... I removed the center console and vinyl wrapped it since the paint was flaking bad, replaced the ignition switch, improved all the headunit, etc etc etc, no problems at all..... haven't driven the car more than 1000 miles since I bought it, but love the time in the garage as much as the time driving!
Thats awesome. Have any pics of the headunit and center console?

Mine is all leather wrapped so I will leave it as so but I am starting to look around for good head units. The milleniums come with full NAV PCM but it is getting dated and I have to use a tape adapter which is loud to play my iphone on it. Also the speakers sound horrid so I want to replace those while im at it.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:29 AM
mas05
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice progress!!! I can't wait to see it together!!!

I just got my wheels back from the painter last night. Plan to get the tires mounted and the coilovers on her before the New Year!!!! Busy day!

Old 12-31-2013, 10:30 AM
NineEreven
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mas05
Nice progress!!! I can't wait to see it together!!!

I just got my wheels back from the painter last night. Plan to get the tires mounted and the coilovers on her before the New Year!!!! Busy day!

You can say that again... you have less than 24 hours for the new year.

Make sure you post up some pics because I would love to see it!
Old 12-31-2013, 10:30 AM
alpine003
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

That front end actually doesn't look bad as I thought, probably because its on a black car and the inlets blend in more with the black color. Which one is that?

Garage looks raw and industrial and long as it serves its purpose, it's all good IMO. It's the nice pretty garages with the immaculate shiny expensive tools and tool box that screams poser to me.

Now you just need some sideskirts to balance them out(have a pair if interested).
Old 12-31-2013, 10:34 AM
scorchpa
Instructor

I'm still finishing up the trim and will get some better pics soon.... but I bought one of those capacitive touch double din head units from china that run on Android...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Capacitive-D...item338922b438

I then bought a WIFI OBD2 scanner, when paired with the headunit withTORQUE Pro app installed, allows you to put a bunch of digital gauges on your dash... show actual speed, estimated HP and Torque etc.... here's an example.

Also gives you verbal prompts for stuff like when your car gets up to operating temperature. Only extra mod is I bought a low profile OBD extension cable, and spliced the power from that cable to Accessory power, so the OBD unit only powers up when the car is on.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:41 AM
NineEreven
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by alpine003
That front end actually doesn't look bad as I thought, probably because its on a black car and the inlets blend in more with the black color. Which one is that?

Garage looks raw and industrial and long as it serves its purpose, it's all good IMO. It's the nice pretty garages with the immaculate shiny expensive tools and tool box that screams poser to me.

Now you just need some sideskirts to balance them out(have a pair if interested).
Yea i might be, MK1 or MK2? I am not sure how far off it will sit from the side skirts as I like my front to sit lower than the mid section but we will see.

As for the garage, I want to repaint the entire garage a new white and get some cool stuff in it. Make it more a living space that is also a garage than a dungeon haha.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:45 AM
NineEreven
Rennlist Member

I'm still finishing up the trim and will get some better pics soon.... but I bought one of those capacitive touch double din head units from china that run on Android...

I then bought a WIFI OBD2 scanner, when paired with the headunit withTORQUE Pro app installed, allows you to put a bunch of digital gauges on your dash... show actual speed, estimated HP and Torque etc.... here's an example.

Also gives you verbal prompts for stuff like when your car gets up to operating temperature. Only extra mod is I bought a low profile OBD extension cable, and spliced the power from that cable to Accessory power, so the OBD unit only powers up when the car is on.
I would be interested in that if the quality was there. The picture doesn't work but I am interested. I would love a video or something like that if you have one.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:42 PM
NineEreven
Rennlist Member

Welp, made a bit more progress on the car last night.

Mashaw shipped the rear wing and decklid

I removed all the wood bits from the interior of the car, door handles, arm rests, steering wheel, shift ****, and ebrake, and it is going to get painted black/dark gunmetal to match the rest of the interior.

I also ripped out the shifter because I am going to custom build my own short shift ****. I have a few friends at work who are going to design a solidworks build of it and we are going to cut it out with our laser cutter. Then we will turn the lever and **** from a metal lathe. I have never tried it before so I am sure there will be some a few prototypes.

I will keep you updated with the process on that. Once we have the design confirmed I will probably stamp out a few extras, stay tuned!

Pew Pew!!

Sorry again for the crappy pics, I haven't gotten the garage fixed up yet! New house probs!
Old 01-06-2014, 04:58 PM
NineEreven
Rennlist Member

Is there a way to change the name of the thread, I would like to just convert into a build thread but if not I can remake.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:00 PM
NineEreven
Rennlist Member

Made some progress on the shifter, I have an engineer friend at work building up a model of the shifter, keep in mind this will change a lot.

We are still trying to determine how much of a throw I actually want and how tall I want it. As it sits, the pivot point is 3" taller than factory so it will rise out of the center console, then I think an additional 3" of shaft length should be enough for a short reach from the wheel to the ****.

Quick Reply: New member, new 911 (millenium w/ pics)