996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

FS: 04 996 Cab **New Clutch and Porsche Crate Engine**

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Copple
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One other observation I'll throw out. Porsche people seem to have a misguided attitude towards the 996. Partially because of the air-cooled vs water, and maybe because it was somewhat mass-produced. I don't know... But the average person looking at the car couldn't care less. Non-Porsche people just viewed it as another 911 and had no clue what the differences were between model years. Those buyers just wanted a Porsche.

Another thought as to the hard time selling is probably just the shear number of 996's available, vs the 993/964/etc. More of a buyers market where potential buyers can be picky about getting just the right options for them. At least that's how we were when we first bought the car. At the end of the day it was a great car that we had a lot of fun with.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:53 PM
silotwo
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 5CHN3LL
silotwo, what kind of catastrophic engine failure day would be necessary to get you to fire up the Aurora?

OP, congrats on the sale!
LOL - impeccable timing - I am about to fire up that 4.0 Northstar for a trip to Lowes, it can haul a few bundles of insulation in luxury. The olds has become a back-up ride for my junk trucks from time to time - one with a bad brake line and the other with a water pump that is about ready to puke (yep, even a Ford can lose a water pump). I have quite the list of automotive DIY's. Motor mounts are on the shelf for the C2 as well two jugs of Mobil 1. The cars are like this house, the longer I put stuff off the longer the list grows.

The C4S did have a catastrophic engine failure but luckily the C2 remained in full service and kept me from jonesing.

Quick Reply: FS: 04 996 Cab **New Clutch and Porsche Crate Engine**