Sponsored by:

FS: 04 996 Cab **New Clutch and Porsche Crate Engine**

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 11:14 AM
Copple
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 04 996 Cab - New Clutch and Porsche Crate Engine **Price Reduced**

I've enjoyed my 996 for four years, but the time has come to move onto something else for a while. Recently picked up a Lotus Elise, a car I've wanted to a long time, and my wife is anxious to get her garage spot back so I'm selling the 996. Overall the car as been wonderful and bulletproof. About six months ago I had the engine go out on me, the origional thread detailing the ordeal can be found here - https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=44617

I've listed the car for $34k, or best offer. Please feel free to ask questions, and if anyone would like a specific pic I can easily run out to the garage to accomodate. Thanks!

**New upgraded engine from Porsche. New clutch within past 6 months. New tires only have 2,000 miles on them.**

The car is Arctic Silver with black, full leather interior, & 320 Hp. Base price new was $78,400 and the original owner spec'd an additional ~$17,500 in options ($95,420 total).

Arctic Silver Metallic - $825
Black Full Leather - $3,280 (dash, storage console, etc.)
Technic Package - $6,335 (stability management, power seats w/ 2 memory settings, heated seats, xenon headlights, wheel caps w/ colored crest, bose high end sound package)
Remote CD Changer - $715 (6 disk)
18" Turbo Look II Wheels - $1,435
Sport Shifter - $790 (short shifter)
Thicker Steering Wheel - $675
Storage Console Lid - Leather w/ embossed Carrera Logo - $265
Sport Exhaust - $2,400
Aluminum & Leather Shifter/Brake Handle - $825

This has always been a third car for us, only driven on nice weekends, always garaged, and rarely driven in the rain. The new tires only have 2,000 miles on them.

About 6 months ago the car suffered an internal failure in the engine. Porsche North America provided the new engine and I paid the dealer to install it. The new upgraded engine from Porsche came in at a little over $20k (covered by Porsche) and the installation was around $4,500. We had the clutch replaced because it made sense to do so when the engine was out. New clutch and throwout bearing (aprox $1,000). The car drives like new!

The car has a nice throaty exhaust sound with the Sport Exhaust. The full leather interior has always been conditioned (I'll throw in a bottle of treatment). The top is in great condition and has been protected with RaggTop sealant twice a year. Paint is also in great shape, I've always used Menzerna and BlackFire products.

I am the second owner of the car and have the title in hand.

If you'd like any specific pic's please let me know and I will be happy to send them.

Last edited by Copple; 06-13-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:31 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,370 Likes on 793 Posts

no pics? what is the mileage?
Old 05-19-2013, 12:03 PM
Copple
Advanced

Sorry, right at 65k miles on the car. Pics can be found at - http://columbia.craigslist.org/cto/3815023846.html

I can always take specific pics and email them to anyone interested.

Thanks!
Old 05-25-2013, 08:10 AM
Copple
Advanced

Adding a pic and dropping the price to $33,000 OBO. Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend!

Name:  photo 12.jpg
Views: 1237
Size:  417.2 KB
Old 06-11-2013, 10:29 AM
Copple
Advanced

Thought I would give this thread a bump. Also adding a pic of the thicker steering wheel as I've had a few requests. My wife is antsy to get her garage spot back...

Let me know if you'd like pic's of anything specific and I'd be happy to post them. Thanks!
Attached Images  
Old 06-13-2013, 03:09 PM
Copple
Advanced

Price reduced to $32,500 OBO.

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2013, 03:24 PM
Gator996
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Great looking wheel....and car as well. GLWS!
Old 06-13-2013, 04:27 PM
Barn996
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Where are all the 996 lookers? Huge plus with a new motor, somebody should scoop that up fast.GLWS
Old 06-13-2013, 05:09 PM
KrazyK
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

It really is a nice car. Its a shame the selling price will probably be closer to $28,000. Hope Im wrong. We feel your pain.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:25 PM
Copple
Advanced

Originally Posted by KrazyK
It really is a nice car. Its a shame the selling price will probably be closer to $28,000. Hope Im wrong. We feel your pain.
I can understand where you're coming from. I think people can always find a car for less money, just depends on what maintenance they're looking at once the purchase is done.

60,000 mile service - I think I paid around $700 at the dealer. This engine has around 1,500 miles on it
New Clutch - depends on how the car was driven, but parts and labor can approach $1,000 or more
IMS Bearing - Can be upgraded when you do the clutch, this car has the upgraded bearing from Porsche
Misc wear items (water pump, AOS, etc..) - While the engine is refurbished by Porsche, everything attached to the block is new
Tires - the Sumi's are in pretty new condition, would be around $1,000ish +/- to replace

At the end of the day, other than the transmission, just about every major wear item on this car is new. I'm not in a huge hurry to sell the car, although it would be nice to have the extra space in the garage. That's why it's listed as 'Or Best Offer.'

Thanks for the input!
Old 06-14-2013, 04:19 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I guess I missed the thread, but Porsche paid for the new motor??
Old 06-14-2013, 06:22 PM
Copple
Advanced

Yes. Porsche provided the motor. I had to pay for the install and the parts/labor for the clutch. The whole ordeal can be found by clicking on the link in the first post.

Funny story - The dealer called and told me, 4 days after submitting everything to Porsche, that they would give me the motor just as my wife and I were getting ready to board a plane. My wife fond out earlier that same day that she was getting a promotion. And we were headed to Vegas... We looked at eachother after I hung up in a little bit of shock. Felt like we should bet it all on black!
Old 06-20-2013, 09:41 AM
Copple
Advanced

Price lowered to $32,000. I'm going to try to post a scan of the engine work paperwork later today as I've had a lot of requests for it. Thanks!
Old 07-04-2013, 09:24 AM
Copple
Advanced

Listed the car on Autotrader.com (http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...ngId=349772499) for $32,500. Price for Rennlist member is $31,500. I'm also including the invoice for the work done by the Porsche dealer on the engine/clutch below.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Hope everyone has a nice holiday weekend.
Attached Images  
Old 07-04-2013, 06:50 PM
WalterRohrl
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Copple
I can understand where you're coming from. I think people can always find a car for less money, just depends on what maintenance they're looking at once the purchase is done.

60,000 mile service - I think I paid around $700 at the dealer. This engine has around 1,500 miles on it
New Clutch - depends on how the car was driven, but parts and labor can approach $1,000 or more
IMS Bearing - Can be upgraded when you do the clutch, this car has the upgraded bearing from Porsche
Misc wear items (water pump, AOS, etc..) - While the engine is refurbished by Porsche, everything attached to the block is new
Tires - the Sumi's are in pretty new condition, would be around $1,000ish +/- to replace

At the end of the day, other than the transmission, just about every major wear item on this car is new. I'm not in a huge hurry to sell the car, although it would be nice to have the extra space in the garage. That's why it's listed as 'Or Best Offer.'

Thanks for the input!

I bought a car with a freshly factory replaced engine (consider it a big plus) but should point out to you that the new upgraded bearing is NOT replacable during a clutch change. It is larger and no longer fits through the hole. Thus, if replacement is needed or desired, the only option is to split the case, i.e. unrealistic as standard maintenance.

Quick Reply: FS: 04 996 Cab **New Clutch and Porsche Crate Engine**