Different Approach to DIY IMSB Retro / Parts and Pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 06:01 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Gonzo911
Paranoia is an awful thing...isn't it?
No paranoia, just BS marketing. Everything that he types is just BS marketing in disguise.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:04 PM
Gonzo911
Rat Balls
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Regarding the whole IMS issue...this one little part has gotten us all more befuddled than a clitoris.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:14 PM
mikefocke
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

The key is understanding the testing of the IMSB product so the potential purchaser has some degree of confidence that the product they are buying works better than the originals and doesn't cause other problems. (Some are known to.)

What quantity have been installed and how many miles in what conditions have they been customer used? What feedback mechanism reporting back their experiences is available and how much is it used? (even forum postings help you get a feel for what people's experiences have been)

Additionally, ask questions about the quality of instructions for installation, what other parts are included, what tools are needed, what warranty is provided, etc.

There are IMSBs that have been installed in quantities of dozens, hundreds and thousands. Some customer installs have been in only months, some a year or so, some 4 years. Which would you have confidence in?

Beware of ideas where there has been a quantity one for a few weeks of experience. Not that that can't be a better ultimate solution (every product had to start somewhere), just do some research to see if there is any statistical or logical reason why you should trust your precious car's engine to a particular product. There is risk to every product/part. How much are you willing to invest in research and cash to quantify and mitigate the risk?
Old 06-15-2013, 06:36 PM
alpine003
Banned

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by mikefocke
What quantity have been installed and how many miles in what conditions have they been customer used?
Historical data, or the lack of, is the hurdle I see with any new alternative IMS kits that come out on the market. I'm not sure how many are willing to be test mules, especially because our engines are close to 20k.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:28 PM
69gaugeman
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by alpine003
Don't really know what "work" he did besides researching info that was already out there and performing your avg imsb update. Nothing out of the ordinary as far as I'm concerned.

However if he does come out with a plug and play kit, I wouldn't be surprised if its successful, as he's already done a great job of bad mouthing and spreading the fear.

I wonder if PCA has blacklisted KK from joining yet...
Research is work. How much it is worth is a completely different story.
Not sure what fear he has spread, specially in context of others on here .

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
+1000

It has nothing to do with being a capitalist scum. It does, however, have everything to do with being a lying and deceiving scum. A few posts ago KK insinuated that the parts list was being delayed because it "got absurdly long". Then a few posts later he posts the truth, which is that he is waiting to hear back from Pelican before he divulges his "secrets".

KK not only learned a good bit of his IM** technical knowledge from JR, he also learned about IM** marketing from him as well. Either that or they both have read "IM** Guerrilla Internet Marketing for Dummies".

It all comes down to integrity, of which KK has none(and JR has little) IMHO. KK has been on this forum slamming the 996 in almost every single one of his posts, AND NOW WE KNOW WHY. Like Raby, Krazy, has littered this forum with fear mongering for years. However, unlike Raby, KK was deceitful in his agenda(at least it only took half a brain to discern JR's agenda).

All of this has served no purpose, IMHO, but to degrade this forum and sully the 996 ownership experience for many of us here. I'd personally push around a broken 996 than give either of these two one red cent.
Integrity is hard to find anywhere these days, anywhere (including Porsche). Everything in this world is being rounded to the biggest dollar. And that is all that matters.

It depends on how you define deceit. Refusing to dispel untruth, when you know it is, and can do so, is deceit.

Also, Imre's comment was sarcasm even though it didn't come across as such.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:02 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 80 Posts

^^^I would agree, it's deceipt on Raby's part(referring to another thread).

Also, well aware of the sarcasm on imre's part...
Old 06-16-2013, 12:00 AM
alpine003
Banned

Originally Posted by 69gaugeman
Research is work.
That is correct and many of us on here that aren't looking to be spoon fed do it all the time. We just don't necessarily try to profit from it and instead use the forum to learn, share knowledge, save others some grief, and try to make owning a 996 as easy as possible both emotionally and financially.

Although KK does contribute to the diy's, I'm not sure some would agree with other aspects about him.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:16 AM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Gonzo911
Regarding the whole IMS issue...this one little part has gotten us all more befuddled than a clitoris.
Is it time for boobies?
Old 06-17-2013, 07:17 AM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I should have known...why there was a delay in providing the promised parts list, it came down to a decision to follow through here, or work out a deal with some company selling said parts. I just hope whoever picks up, IF, they pick up, the parts list, advertise it as KrazyK's...so those of us that don't trust him anymore can avoid it. Sorry buddy, you blew it.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:17 AM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 338 Likes on 244 Posts

Go to Boca Bearings and look up the hybrid bearing. That's where I got mine from and the same place I sent KK. I only have the dimensions to the double row unit but there is enough info out there to find the dimensions to the single row bearing too.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:33 AM
alpine003
Banned

Originally Posted by Imo000
Go to Boca Bearings and look up the hybrid bearing. That's where I got mine from and the same place I sent KK. I only have the dimensions to the double row unit but there is enough info out there to find the dimensions to the single row bearing too.
IIRC, there are some single bearing part #s floating around one of the other forums(pelican, planet9,etc). I forgot which one though.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:03 PM
KrazyK
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

BOT

Last edited by KrazyK; 11-28-2017 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:17 PM
dinodog
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

KK...from what you're saying, the part list for your "kit" is only 9 items and 2 of those are loctite products. It appears as though you have changed your mind with respect to providing this forum with your parts list. That's your decision of course, but it makes a lot of us wonder why you posted this thread in the first place
Old 07-23-2013, 11:12 PM
Zanzibar Red 996
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe KrazyK is not on the
Forum everyday
But after reading all this , I can't wait for the list
( I love a mistery )
Old 07-24-2013, 02:49 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 338 Likes on 244 Posts

This is very simple people. Buy the Pelican kit and then by a hybrid ceramic bearing from another source, like for example BOCA Bearings. The End!

Quick Reply: Different Approach to DIY IMSB Retro / Parts and Pics