Sponsored by:

Doh Moments...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 08:55 PM
Meares
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis C
I don't stomp on the dead pedal in the Cayenne looking for a clutch. I tend to stomp on the left side of the brake pedal. That's not fun.

+1 did that in a rental mini-van with 3 other people...trying to get their business...
Old 01-30-2013, 09:32 PM
white out
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Occasionally I drive my son's Subaru. It's a 5-speed manual transmission, but the reverse gear is in the opposite location compared to the C4S. I constantly struggle to get his car into reverse and I have to look at the shift pattern on the **** to get it right.
At one point I had an STi (6spd) and WRX wagon (5spd). I had been driving STi's for 4 years at that point. On the highway in the wagon, I instinctively went for 6th, which in the 5spd is reverse; luckily I didn't get the shifter into gear.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:25 PM
kartboy1234
Intermediate

Location: Palos Verdes Estates, CA or Davis, CA, Home and School
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have done a few of these. The left side key is a big one, trying to change the radio station from the wheel is another. My family has many cars with different parking brake locations. Two have floor mounted parking breaks one that releases with a handle and the other by pressing the pedal again, two have the center mounted parking break handle, one has a left hand side parking break handle, and another has a push button release. I still try releasing the parking break by pressing the dead pedal and looking for a center handle. Volume **** positions are annoying as well.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:39 PM
alpine003
Banned

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Anyone still own and drive a vehicle with a column mounted shifter for a manual tranny? I'd imagine that would be sorta weird going back and forth as well.

Quick Reply: Doh Moments...