Sponsored by:

Durametric 1st time use

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 12:34 PM
GeorgeCo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Durametric 1st time use

Just got a Durametric cable and hooked it up for the first time. (I got the Enthusiast version.) I was happy to see that I had no fault codes and no mechanical over-revs (range 2). Do fault codes persist when the battery is disconnected? (I recently had the fuel pump replaced.)

As far as ignitions at the rev-limiter (range 1), are those cumulative or just the number of ignitions at that last occurrence (track in November)?

The car now has 70,500 miles. That works out to about 31.5 miles/operating hour. Is that good/bad/indifferent from others' experiences?

I currently have a UNICHIP installed. I am curious though if there's any way to tell how up-to-date the stock flash was. Does that 16 digit data version number (0041570....) contain any sort of version tracking and/or date stamp? Just wondering if I go back to the stock set up. Any concerns about using the Durametric cable/software on a car with a UNICHIP?

I don't see a body control module like I have on my MINI. Any way to set daytime-running lights or auto door locks on the 2000 996?

Anybody find any cool features of the Durametric cable/software that aren't readily explained in the manual or user's guide?

Old 01-31-2013, 01:12 PM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

George.....I have the same cable and am new to using it. I'm subscribed to this thread.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:09 PM
acadian_dad
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The overrev counts are cumulative - the hours is the time of last occurrence.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:37 PM
alpine003
Banned

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgeCo
Any concerns about using the Durametric cable/software on a car with a UNICHIP?
There shouldn't be any since Unichip is a piggyback module.

It's been a LONG time since I've used a Unichip. Wow
Old 01-31-2013, 05:20 PM
GeorgeCo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by acadian_dad
The overrev counts are cumulative - the hours is the time of last occurrence.
Thanks. Right after I posted the question, I found this link:
http://www.durametric.com/PorscheBox...RevsVideo.aspx
Old 01-31-2013, 08:35 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgeCo
Just got a Durametric cable and hooked it up for the first time. (I got the Enthusiast version.) I was happy to see that I had no fault codes and no mechanical over-revs (range 2). Do fault codes persist when the battery is disconnected? (I recently had the fuel pump replaced.)

As far as ignitions at the rev-limiter (range 1), are those cumulative or just the number of ignitions at that last occurrence (track in November)?

The car now has 70,500 miles. That works out to about 31.5 miles/operating hour. Is that good/bad/indifferent from others' experiences?

I currently have a UNICHIP installed. I am curious though if there's any way to tell how up-to-date the stock flash was. Does that 16 digit data version number (0041570....) contain any sort of version tracking and/or date stamp? Just wondering if I go back to the stock set up. Any concerns about using the Durametric cable/software on a car with a UNICHIP?

I don't see a body control module like I have on my MINI. Any way to set daytime-running lights or auto door locks on the 2000 996?

Anybody find any cool features of the Durametric cable/software that aren't readily explained in the manual or user's guide?
Fault codes go away with battery disconnect. In some models the battery disconnect can trigger fault codes that then go away when the car is driven some.

Now if the fault is present as soon as you connect the battery and fire up the engine the CEL can come on and this can happen so quickly it might look like the code was not erased while the power was disconnected.

The average speed is a bit above the "average" 30mph.

Actually the higher the better for this means the car spent more time moving down the road than sitting still with the engine idling.

Quick Reply: Durametric 1st time use