996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

FVD or "x51" oil baffles

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 03:01 PM
NürburgringOrBst
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would the EB or X51 pan be enough for a stock car on street tires?

Took my 2000 to my first DE with the car at Sears Point. The car is completely stock other than PSS10s and wheels. I noticed a drop of oil pressure when cornering right, but never saw it drop below 2 bar. I was surprised as I'm using cheap Sumitomo HTRZII's and thought oiling issues were more of a concern when using R-Comps!
Old 11-07-2016, 12:59 PM
Schnell Gelb
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by philooo
ok I see x51 baffle and ebs,but what is the difference between the x51 PAN and the regular PAN.
the pan, not the baffle, look similar to me, no ?
Phil, The Racing Forum linked below may help you:
http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-r...tarvation.html
If you search in that specific Section for "Deep Sump X51" you will find lots of opinions related to Track/DE.
Old 11-07-2016, 01:32 PM
Paul Waterloo
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by NürburgringOrBst
Would the EB or X51 pan be enough for a stock car on street tires?

Took my 2000 to my first DE with the car at Sears Point. The car is completely stock other than PSS10s and wheels. I noticed a drop of oil pressure when cornering right, but never saw it drop below 2 bar. I was surprised as I'm using cheap Sumitomo HTRZII's and thought oiling issues were more of a concern when using R-Comps!
My car dropped oil pressure on a left hand sweeper on all season street tires....like you said, down to about 2 bar....after the third or fourth lap.

I have a FVD pan that I never installed sitting in my garage.....but I don't think I'm ever going to track my car again, just not worth the potential downside to me.

I even have a set of track pads that I've only used for a very short period of time.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:24 PM
NürburgringOrBst
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mr. Waterloo,

I understand your concern. I remain childlishly optimistic for the time being. If you have any interest in selling the FVD pan, please send me a PM!

Thanks
Old 11-07-2016, 04:48 PM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Waterloo
My car dropped oil pressure on a left hand sweeper on all season street tires....like you said, down to about 2 bar....after the third or fourth lap.

I have a FVD pan that I never installed sitting in my garage.....but I don't think I'm ever going to track my car again, just not worth the potential downside to me.

I even have a set of track pads that I've only used for a very short period of time.
Would you consider trade for the deep sump with my IPD Comp plenum and GT3 TB?

Quick Reply: FVD or "x51" oil baffles