Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

removing aftermarket stereo,speakers and wires.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 09:43 PM
Akshun
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removing aftermarket stereo,speakers and wires.

Hello gents, i wanna remove my pioneer stereo system with amp and all kinds of wires including sirius sattelite radio, speakers, all of it! i simply want a driving car with noise from my engine, less the weight of all that gear.
are there any implications, do i need to tie anything off?? stuff like that..
i also bought the car used and im afraid to dissconnect the battery as ive been hearing about these codes and received nothing with codes on it, so if i do, will the car still start back up when i reconnect??
Old 12-19-2012, 10:09 PM
Dharn55
Drifting

Received 174 Likes on 107 Posts

The codes you are speaking of are for the OEM Becker radios. If you have an aftermarket Pioneer this should not be a problem.

There is a connection that tells the alarm/security system whether ther is a radio. It was probably jury rigged Witt the Pioneer and you may have to bypass this somehow.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:15 PM
sprintamx
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I suggest that you do not cut any wires. Disconnect what you can then wrap or tie the wires out of the way. Then, reversing the process is no issue. Also, unless your stripping for track duty, consider not doing this at all. Unless you're removing a huge amp, you won't save enough weight to notice, and even then, you won't notice on the street. Plus, you'll have some gaping holes to deal with. Just leave the equipment off and enjoy the ride. My unsolicited $0.02

Quick Reply: removing aftermarket stereo,speakers and wires.