Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Aerokit installed ... what color code is it for slate grey?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 06:15 PM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

the shop told me they would do a full body detail of the car and polish it up to have the paint blend in more.

But I thought there is no way any kind of detailing would make those two color match as one.

May be I am wrong about that... so may be I'll go back to them and take them on their word.

At this time, they did not polish the whole car.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:55 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 136 Likes on 72 Posts

Looks awesome Phil! Welcome to the aero club!

It's hard to see the color match differences in the photos, but one thing to bear in mind is that it's often hard to get a good match when you're painting different substrates that are on adjacent panels - there will always be a slight mismatch - The best way to get a match is to do what Marc said and blend the adjacent panels.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:35 AM
halik
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by philooo
the shop told me they would do a full body detail of the car and polish it up to have the paint blend in more.

But I thought there is no way any kind of detailing would make those two color match as one.

May be I am wrong about that... so may be I'll go back to them and take them on their word.

At this time, they did not polish the whole car.

Let us know if that actually works - my car has been reshot from keying at some point of its life and the color is "off" a bit as well. I'm not sure if it's because the paints are aging differently or what

Quick Reply: Aerokit installed ... what color code is it for slate grey?