Sponsored by:

Please Give Opinion on 2002 Carrera 4S

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 08:15 PM
KrazyK
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Please Give Opinion on 2002 Carrera 4S

I dont remember what options were special about this car but could you guys please give your honest opinion. Asking price seems a little high so if the car is in great condition I am going to offer a few thousand less. Sorry for asking for so many opinions. What do you guys think?

http://leifjohnsonford.vinmanagersit...px?id=11600118
Old 10-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by KrazyK
I dont remember what options were special about this car but could you guys please give your honest opinion. Asking price seems a little high so if the car is in great condition I am going to offer a few thousand less. Sorry for asking for so many opinions. What do you guys think?

Copy/paste the VIN into a google search. It looks like the car has been bought/sold several times recently, with most often a Ford dealer involved.

I see the car offered from a place in Austin TX (Leif Johnson Ford?) with 60850 miles; In Manor Tx at Riata Ford ($29,996).

At one point is had black wheels on it. Wheel change suggest accident damage?

And I see the car was offered for sale on 6speedonline.com and sold back in 11/2007 with 39.6K miles for (asking price) of $36.5K. Sold to 6spd member "zroadhouse".

Here's a list of mods from then...

Tasteful mods include:

- Fabspeed mufflers
- EVOMS Cold air intake
- RSS Intake plenum
- B&M Short shift kit
- TT Front lip
- Bilstein PSS10 coil-over suspension
- Front and rear H&R adjustable sway bars
- Lightweight battery
- Aluminum trim rings and red "S" from the Plug Guy
- Custom painted semi-gloss black twist wheels with red pin stripe
- OEM Clear side markers

Car runs strong. All services up to date. Second owner. No leaks (RMS has been done). Vin#WP0AA299X2S623616. Carfax does reflect a front end collision that happened a few years ago which resulted in a scuff to the original front bumper that only required paint.

Here's a post about the bumper cover:

Thanks, the body shop that painted them took about a month to complete. It ran about $950 for sand blast, filler, primer, paint, and finally the pinstriping but they did come out amazing.

Aftermarket air filter: I no like.

Other than that the pics do not scare me.

But you need to look at the car.

You can almost bet if a car is offered for sale its asking price is higher than its selling price. Price is not fact only an opinion.

I am not current on market prices for these cars but you need to be.

Generally I advise that the car is worth -- provided it is in a good enough condition -- between its wholesale (trade-in) value and however much you want to pay for the car.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:36 AM
jdjones2010
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Macster
Copy/paste the VIN into a google search. It looks like the car has been bought/sold several times recently, with most often a Ford dealer involved.

I see the car offered from a place in Austin TX (Leif Johnson Ford?) with 60850 miles; In Manor Tx at Riata Ford ($29,996).

At one point is had black wheels on it. Wheel change suggest accident damage?

And I see the car was offered for sale on 6speedonline.com and sold back in 11/2007 with 39.6K miles for (asking price) of $36.5K. Sold to 6spd member "zroadhouse".

Here's a list of mods from then...

Tasteful mods include:

- Fabspeed mufflers
- EVOMS Cold air intake
- RSS Intake plenum
- B&M Short shift kit
- TT Front lip
- Bilstein PSS10 coil-over suspension
- Front and rear H&R adjustable sway bars
- Lightweight battery
- Aluminum trim rings and red "S" from the Plug Guy
- Custom painted semi-gloss black twist wheels with red pin stripe
- OEM Clear side markers

Car runs strong. All services up to date. Second owner. No leaks (RMS has been done). Vin#WP0AA299X2S623616. Carfax does reflect a front end collision that happened a few years ago which resulted in a scuff to the original front bumper that only required paint.

Here's a post about the bumper cover:

Thanks, the body shop that painted them took about a month to complete. It ran about $950 for sand blast, filler, primer, paint, and finally the pinstriping but they did come out amazing.

Aftermarket air filter: I no like.

Other than that the pics do not scare me.

But you need to look at the car.

You can almost bet if a car is offered for sale its asking price is higher than its selling price. Price is not fact only an opinion.

I am not current on market prices for these cars but you need to be.

Generally I advise that the car is worth -- provided it is in a good enough condition -- between its wholesale (trade-in) value and however much you want to pay for the car.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Exactly! KK, Macster's given you some very good advise (listen to him). Also & Most Importantly, like he said the car is ONLY WORTH what the buyer is WILLING TO PAY! jmo
Old 10-06-2012, 01:46 AM
KrazyK
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. I will pass on this one.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

The wheels alone are worth a few bucks

And the rest looks well sorted. You could probably get her for 27/28? Not bad IMHO for a bunch of car.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KrazyK

FWIW.......Car looks pretty much like mine but mine is an 03 4S. I bought it just over a year ago from a Porsche dealer. It had 75k miles on it then and I argued them down to $35k but that included a 1 year 12kmile bumper to bumper waranty. The warranty was $3k if I purchased it separately, so the price I paid for the car was actually $32k.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:09 PM
jims911
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

I paid 33K for an identical car a little over a year ago with a transferred warranty. I feel good about it and love the car.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:55 AM
porrsha
Race Director

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

I have just sold my 951 because my wife wanted to get back into 911. I have found a 3.4 996 with 74xxx miles, and extra set of wheels (17's), Champion Motorsports suspension, clean PPI (I paid for) and clean carfax for $20,000.
The 996 prices are falling like a brick because of IMS and RMS problems versus insane prices on a 993. Not a bad price but a not a great price either.

Quick Reply: Please Give Opinion on 2002 Carrera 4S