Sponsored by:

GT3 Tek

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 09:31 AM
gthruk
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT3 Tek

Has anyone purchased GT3 Tek GT3 poly bumper covers (not add on lips) or poly side skirts? They both look close to OEM/Aero style except for the RS vents on the bumper and come in poly. Precision Porsche comes highly recommended but at the same time they are fiberglass bumpers. I am having a hard time deciding between fiber/good fit and poly/?. Any experiences with GT3 Tek would be appreciated.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:23 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,506 Likes on 946 Posts

There were some posts on another site by somebody who bought a GT3Tek rear bumper cover who said the cutouts for the exhaust weren't in the right location and the cutouts for the license plate lights weren't right.

This isn't my personal experience, I'm just passing on what I read.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:05 AM
alpine003
Banned

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Same poster said it had excellent fit and he was overall happy with it.

IMO, I would gladly mod something minor as tips if it improves the overall look and design.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:27 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

That is correct, he did say the overall fit of the bumper cover was good.

However, personally I would not be pleased if I spent the money on a new bumper cover and the exhaust cutouts weren't in the right place. I consider that a poorly made and/or designed product. I'd be more likely to return it than to modify it.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:55 AM
alpine003
Banned

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis C
That is correct, he did say the overall fit of the bumper cover was good.

However, personally I would not be pleased if I spent the money on a new bumper cover and the exhaust cutouts weren't in the right place. I consider that a poorly made and/or designed product. I'd be more likely to return it than to modify it.

I guess everyone's different but I would have more an issue that the possible modification of exhaust wasn't disclosed up front. There are many aftermarket pieces that have changes to not compromise the new design. If I bought an OEM or OEM style piece then I would expect everything to be of OEM specs and fitment.

I would rather modify the tips to flow with the bumper design and have it look good than to have a bumper that looks mediocre in initial design to accomodate the factory exhaust placement.

Bottom line: full disclosure from the seller would prevent further potential disappointed buyers and set initial expectations so they can prepare with additional resources and modify their budget accordingly.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

I think you're absolultely correct. If I was expecting to modify the exhaust to fit with the design of the bumper, then it's not a problem. If I was expecting a direct bolt-on replacement, then I would be disappointed.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:27 PM
gthruk
Track Day

Thanks guys. I am looking at their front GT3 bumper and side skirts since the both are poly. Gladly, no exhaust port issues, just the vents they made to mimic the GT3 RS.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:40 PM
geetee
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

I know you're asking about front bumper but I have the rear diffuser from GT3tek. Perfect fit basically prep/paint and attach. I didn't have any fitment issues. The reason people are complaining about the exhaust tip area is because the diffuser slides into the oem tip cutouts thus creating less space between the bumper and tips. As everyone know, the exhaust tips are adjustable.
At first, I had a hard time adjusting the tips. It was because my motor mounts were shot making the whole motor sag a little on one side. Replaced motor mounts and adjust tips. All good to go.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

The case over on the other site was a little different. The cutouts for the tips appear to be cut in the wrong position, and the poster says that the holes for the license plate lights were cut in the wrong location. He shows a photo that clearly shows the incorrect location of the cut outs. Maybe it was just an issue with a single bumper cover... Hopefully the company will either fix/replace it or will take care of him in some way. Again, if it were me with that issue, I'd return the bumper cover for a refund or replacement.

geetee - I'm glad to hear the part you ordered fit well.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:30 PM
gthruk
Track Day

Thanks for the extra details. For whatever it's worth these days their site says: "The style, fit and finish of our spoilers are 100% guaranteed. This makes us the best in our business."
Old 09-18-2012, 07:43 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Good vendors stand behind their products. Glad to see it.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:20 PM
GT3 Tek
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Guys,
Thank you for all the positive comments on our polyurethane parts. We are always striving for excellence and exceeding our expectations. I would like to point out that the muffler cut out are not in the wrong position we actually designed the rear bumper to accept dual exhaust tips and not designed to be used with the stock tip because it would destroy the look with the small stock tip. A larger single tip can be used. Any competent muffler shop can easily modify the tips. We are working on a dual tip that slips over the original tip and should be available in a few weeks. We had Scott at Renegade Hybrids bring his customers 1999 996 this Monday to have our poly TK front bumper, GT3 Rs rear bumper and GT2 wing installed we had them bring the car in at 9 am and was finished by 1:30 pm we would have finished sooner but we made a custom air shroud for the radiators to keep the V8 engine cooler. Here is a link to the installation showing the dual tips
If you have any questions please call us at (619) 690-5081

Quick Reply: GT3 Tek