Sponsored by:

Club run runs into trouble...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 05:05 AM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by fanny bay r1
Yanks wouldn't understand the type of individual that frequents and comments on CBC stories - they're loonies at the best of time as are most people that spend time commenting on news sites - you know like people that watch Fox News (). They are by no means representative of Canadians - heck if I judged going to the states based on a given American Law enforcement officers actions (I refer to the Kalamozoo cop/whack job on vacation in Calagary that got upset because he couldn't carry a concealed pistol while on vacation, then felt threatened when a couple of guys chatted to his wife and him in a park - absolutely loonie IMO) i couldn't conclude by that that all Americans are paranoid nut jobs - can I ??
Your comparing apples to oranges when you equate the actions of one nutty American cop with that of the many thousands+ of nutty comments from nutty Canadians, not to mention the topic at hand which is essentially the Canadian government seizing 3 Pcars for simply driving 80 mph on a major highway.

But your comment about the fanaticism of those that post on these Canadian media sites is duly noted.

BTW, say what you will about Fox News but they are far more balanced in terms of news coverage than most American media outlets. Sure, they have a rightwing slant but they also have many leftist guests and give them their say. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same about the many left leaning media outlets. Trying to find a conservative on these media outlets is like trying to find the proverbial needle in a haystack.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:26 AM
fanny bay r1
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL I'm just impressed that some Porsches were actual being driven - I'm yet to see any Porsche driver go remotely quickly (well accept me!!). These 40 kph seizures are all the rage right now - sport bikes and sports cars are becoming not poliically correct among the chattering classes. That and the general population seems to be frightemed of anything that appears to be the least bit dangerous and fun!! BTW these four guys should have had their radar detctors/jammers on - duffusses!!!

BTW - generally Canadians are the least fanatical individuals about anything, nothing is ever as polorized up here as everything appears to be down south!!
Old 08-12-2012, 05:38 AM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

LOL I'm just impressed that some Porsches were actual being driven - I'm yet to see any Porsche driver go remotely quickly (well accept me!!). These 40 kph seizures are all the rage right now - sport bikes and sports cars are becoming not poliically correct among the chattering classes. That and the general population seems to be frightemed of anything that appears to be the least bit dangerous and fun!! BTW these four guys should have had their radar detctors/jammers on - duffusses!!!

BTW - generally Canadians are the least fanatical individuals about anything, nothing is ever as polorized up here as everything appears to be down south!!

Maybe buy a back-up 996(they are relatively cheap now) so when they seize your car you'll have a backup...
Old 08-12-2012, 09:07 AM
calrcm
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know why we're surprised about snotty P Car comments. I get at least one comment or dirty look every time I drive mine. The thing that irritates me is the impression that somehow we didn't earn the privilege of owning these cars. I can tell you with certainty my daddy did not give me mine! Don't hate the player!
Old 08-12-2012, 09:21 AM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Drive through certain counties in Missouri at more than 20 over and its not the car you will have to worry about, the cuffs will go on you.............
Old 08-12-2012, 02:57 PM
jordanturbo
Cardigan Millionaire
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
WOW, very sad. The only thing more crazy than the week impound are the comments by the readers, who are presumably mainly BC citizens but most certainly Canadiens.

My wife and I have been thinking of taking a trip across the border to Niagara Falls(I know that is Ont whereas this road incident took place in BC), this has made up my mind for me: I will NOT be going. I like to de facto vote with my wallet.
I can honestly say with an ignorant attitude like that, I would not welcome you to Canada either, so no real point in coming anyways (this is the opinion of Jordanturbo, not all Canadians)

Originally Posted by relinuca
I'm surprised that no renn-lister suggested that p-car owners wishing to "put their foot down" should join their local PCA region and participate in DE events...much better place to have high speed fun than public roads.

relinuca
I have had a couple big tickets, and now with my family and other obligations and responsibilities, I have learnt that keeping it on the track is the safest option. There is an open track event every friday and saturday pretty well all summer on a 2km Cart track that I will go to when I feel the Need to Speed.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:11 PM
996_North
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Unless you are in Quebec, and a student, and upset about increased tuition...then you go on strike, throw a few molotov cocktails all hell breaks loose ! .. But in general we all mumble about how bad something is...then go about managing the other 98% our lives that matters.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:36 PM
fanny bay r1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 996_North
Unless you are in Quebec, and a student, and upset about increased tuition...then you go on strike, throw a few molotov cocktails all hell breaks loose ! .. But in general we all mumble about how bad something is...then go about managing the other 98% our lives that matters.
That's a valid point - out west we generally don't think about Quebec!!
Old 08-12-2012, 07:10 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Same for VA.

Originally Posted by theporscheguy
Drive through certain counties in Missouri at more than 20 over and its not the car you will have to worry about, the cuffs will go on you.............
Old 08-13-2012, 02:45 AM
Kris79
Advanced

wow impound for 77 mph. they only went 27. something mph over the limit. in cali if u are under 80 cops dont really bug you. but i bet the sound of the gt3 and turbos made it sound like they were flying
Old 08-13-2012, 12:55 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Originally Posted by jordanturbo
I can honestly say with an ignorant attitude like that, I would not welcome you to Canada either, so no real point in coming anyways (this is the opinion of Jordanturbo, not all Canadians)
I guess you missed the post, eh, where I explained(for those who are a little slow) that my comments were intentionally a bit tonque-in-cheek...

Between you and mikeswift, Canada could not have two better ambassadors...way to go.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:03 PM
CDLVancouver
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
I guess you missed the post, eh, where I explained(for those who are a little slow) that my comments were intentionally a bit tonque-in-cheek...

Between you and mikeswift, Canada could not have two better ambassadors...way to go.
Foul!
Inappropriate use of "eh".
It is only ok to end a statement with "eh". Eg: Hows it going eh?
Consider this your first and only warning, eh.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:27 PM
Oldskewl
Instructor

Any one running on the Sea 2 Sky on a weekend is asking for trouble. Either drive the limit or run the very high rish of getting pinched.

Soo many roads in the lower main land to tear up, and you know were the cops will be...
Old 08-13-2012, 09:57 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Originally Posted by CDLVancouver
Foul!
Inappropriate use of "eh".
It is only ok to end a statement with "eh". Eg: Hows it going eh?
Consider this your first and only warning, eh.
Oh, you use it like that, eh.

In my defense, I am an ignorant d-bag.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:09 PM
spender
Pro

I'm not surprised at the comments that were posted. However, B.C. is a province up here in Canada that has a real "eat the rich" attitude, that is also being crushed under the weight and expense of its ridiculous labour unions. While Vancouver is a beautiful city, its economy is primarily being kept afloat by the influx of rich Asians buying property there - but it is not a business city. All this to say that undoubtedly the police there are under orders to try to bolster the province's sagging coffers by writing more tickets, or confiscating more cars.

Anyway, I regularly drive 40 km/h over the speed limit on the freeways and highways around my city, it's not that big of a deal.

Quick Reply: Club run runs into trouble...