Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Porsche World Road Show: Anybody done this?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 01:39 AM
Karl996
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jumper5836
they definitely didn't allow the cars to be driven ***** out, but I guess that is dependant on what you consider ***** out.

It was very hard walking away with out an impulse purchase and the sales people and presentations didn't make it easy.
For the moose test and the autotest course it was ***** out for us. Instructors instructions were "pedal to the metal".

And you're right about the impulse purchase. Wife was an instant convert. Few months later we had purchased our 1st P-car. 2002 996 C2 Manual.

And the rest as they say is history .....
Old 05-21-2012, 07:36 AM
zabuch
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Got the invite I will take my son sounds like fun
Old 05-21-2012, 12:24 PM
rpolin
Instructor

Be aware, i was told minimum age for drivers is 21 and they don't let underage passengers in the car with you for the drives. As a result, my son is staying home and taking a friend instead
Old 06-11-2012, 10:10 AM
rpolin
Instructor

I attended the Porsche World Road show this past weekend up at Monticello Raceway in NY and it was an absolute blast. I test drove on the track the new Panamera GTS (not impressed at all), the new 911 and 911 S (both were a blast with reaching speeds of 120 mph), on the autocross, i drove the new boxster S, which has yet to hit showrooms and while it was fun, its not even in the same league as the new 911 or even the older 911's if you ask me and i don't care what the dealers tell you. It was fun to drive but its completely different than the 911 no matter how much they try and convince you its close to it. Last but not least, i drove the Cayenne S and the Cayenne S Hybrid and was very surprised at how well they performed. Not worth spending $125k+ for an SUV in my mind but if you have cash to burn, it is quite nice, powerful and handled extremely well for an SUV.

If you ever get an invite for an event like this, don't pass it up as it is a great time to be had by anyone who goes.

Quick Reply: Porsche World Road Show: Anybody done this?