Sponsored by:

Speed Sport Gallery Stage II

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 05:15 PM
tedfromohio
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Speed Sport Gallery Stage II

I purchased my car from Gunnar Nelson (of Nelson fame, son of Ricky, Grandson of Ozzie, etc.). Am enjoying it immensly. I was fortunate enough to meet Gunnar and his brother Matthew a few weeks ago at one of their shows and he advised that the car was built to be fast, his exact words were "no expense spared". The car is quick, but I don't have a lot to compare it to. Quicker than my Corvette? Probably. Quicker than my Yamaha GTS1000 - doubt it but it is hard to judge - pretty different experiences.

Anyway, the mods were done at The Speed Gallery - http://www.thespeedgallery.com/index.shtml
in Studio City California. I called out there today and spoke breifly with Dan who looked up the invoices and said the car was "Stage II" - M30 springs, intake, air filter, Stage 2 ECU and something about an exhaust bypass. My Indy says the mufflers have been modified (cut apart and rewelded) - not sure exactly what that is.

Any one have any experience with these guys (The Speed Gallery) or these mods? Nice website and Dan was nice enough to talk to, although in a hurry (I understand that he wasn't making any money talking to me in Ohio).

Just wonderiing.

Ted

PS - Gunnar couldn't have been nicer to my wife and myself. Classy guys.
Attached Images  
Old 05-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Axeman
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats on the purchase. I know Dan from Speed Gallery really well, he is a great guy and also a great driver. He's been really busy the past few weeks moving his shop so he's swamped that's probably he was in a rush. Dan's brother is a good friend of mine and has built custom cars for Matt and Gunnar in the past and many other celebrities and race teams. His cars have been featured in Excellence as well as other magazines and he knows more than anyone about Porsches in the universe that I've ever met. I actually bought my very first 911 from Dan many many years ago so I would say he's definitely a great guy.

Enjoy the new toy!
Old 05-04-2012, 05:29 PM
Pac996
Drifting

Nice car and dog you have. I hope the dog enjoys the car too. Seems the purchasing the car had some fun to it. Enjoy the ride and play safe. Be aware if enering a turn going fast and the rear feels like its starting to get loose it's a mistake to be letting off the gas. Might want to get a better explanation on that but play safe out there.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:37 PM
tedfromohio
Instructor

Thanks for the feedback. Pac99 - my family lives in Ala Moana area. I come over every year to visit and go dirt bike riding with my buddies up on Kahuku. Next time I head that way, maybe we can meet up.

Ted
Old 05-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Pac996
Drifting

You play out there with Stafford Montgomery and them?
Old 05-04-2012, 08:01 PM
pmkazz
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Great mod. Cut the stock Porsche OEM mufflers in half, completely gut them, and then weld them back together. Great sound, performance and a loss of weight...

Quick Reply: Speed Sport Gallery Stage II