Sponsored by:

996 Alarm Falsing

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 03:04 PM
eidolon
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 996 Alarm Falsing

My alarm has been routinely falsing after about a hour after shutting off the car and at crazy hours doing the night (multiple times). Has any had this problem and got a fix?
Old 04-28-2012, 03:47 PM
mikeswift
Instructor

Originally Posted by eidolon
My alarm has been routinely falsing after about a hour after shutting off the car and at crazy hours doing the night (multiple times). Has any had this problem and got a fix?
I had the same problem last week, I found out that there was a moth living in my car and triping the alarm.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:57 PM
eidolon
Instructor

Angry 996 Alarm Falsing Issues

Originally Posted by mikeswift
I had the same problem last week, I found out that there was a moth living in my car and triping the alarm.
(LOL) Pretty certain I don't have a moth problem causing it to false as it does it with the top up and down.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:52 AM
carcster88
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine did the same thing, found out it was after getting a new aftermarket stereo installed. Did you get one recently?
Old 04-29-2012, 01:13 AM
eidolon
Instructor

Exclamation

Originally Posted by carcster88
Mine did the same thing, found out it was after getting a new aftermarket stereo installed. Did you get one recently?
I DID!
Old 04-29-2012, 01:01 PM
eidolon
Instructor

Question

Originally Posted by carcster88
I DID... Do you know what the fix is?
Old 04-29-2012, 03:39 PM
blue eyez
4th Gear

I believe there is a wire that often needs better insulation, for the life of me I can't remember which one, I think it thinks the stereo has been removed/missing.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:38 PM
eidolon
Instructor

Originally Posted by blue eyez
I believe there is a wire that often needs better insulation, for the life of me I can't remember which one, I think it thinks the stereo has been removed/missing.
Thanks much bro! :thumb up:

Anybody have a clue what that wire is and recommendations for better insulating it?
Old 04-29-2012, 06:34 PM
blue eyez
4th Gear

OK, It's Brown with a Blue Strip and called the Alarm Wire or so I'm told you can also put some real sturdy tape on the left side of the new radio in the same spot as the plastic pad on your Becker unit was.
I tried posting a link to another thread on another forum but it has to go through a mod first. Hope it helps.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Karl996
Advanced

There is a good thread on this on www.renntech.com

In summary there is a metal tab on the left of the radio housing which is connected to the alarm. This in turn is connected to the alarm module.

You need to remove the radio (in my case I had to remove the metal radio cage to access this tab. Insulate the tab as mentioned above and you should be good to go.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:13 AM
Pac996
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had out of the blue alarms a couple times when rain starts then once I left the windows down a little and had just started walking away when the alarm went off. I think the IR sensor on the dash can pick up little things like heat waves of wind or sunshades moving a little. I don't think I'll ever try having things hanging from the mirror.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:47 AM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Still on alarming of the car theme. When I am locking the car via the push button on the key, I double click it and then get a short beep from the horn. I take it then that the alarm is set up. Correct? Or is the horn telling me that something is not working correctly and that the alarm is NOT set up? Thoughts on this please.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:43 AM
function12
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Hurdigurdiman
Still on alarming of the car theme. When I am locking the car via the push button on the key, I double click it and then get a short beep from the horn. I take it then that the alarm is set up. Correct? Or is the horn telling me that something is not working correctly and that the alarm is NOT set up? Thoughts on this please.
If you get a beep when pressing the fob button once, then yes you have an alarm fault. Could be: door open, trunk open, frunk open, glove box open, center console open, radio fault, or some problem with the alarm module.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:04 PM
C four S
Advanced

One push on the fob locks the car w/alarm. Double click will lock car w/ alarm....but....turn off the inside movement sensor. I have to do this when I have my dog with me.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:07 PM
C four S
Advanced

Also meant to say that the horn will beep with a double click to tell you the movement sesor is turned off

Quick Reply: 996 Alarm Falsing