996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

996 Alarm Falsing

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 01:52 AM
eidolon
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think my problem maybe the stereo wire issue. It will false even if I do the double click on my remote to disable the internal motion sensor. I still get alarm falses. I will be taking it back to the Car Toys this weekend to get that wire taken care of (insulated better).
Old 05-03-2012, 05:10 AM
carcster88
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eidolon
I think my problem maybe the stereo wire issue. It will false even if I do the double click on my remote to disable the internal motion sensor. I still get alarm falses. I will be taking it back to the Car Toys this weekend to get that wire taken care of (insulated better).
ROFLOL....CarToys were the same people who made the mistake with my stereo install. Small world.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:40 PM
LRBill
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On a related subject...I understand that the double beep is a fault. what can cause it? Every time I get out of the car and lock it I get the double beep.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:51 PM
eidolon
Instructor

Question

Originally Posted by carcster88
ROFLOL....CarToys were the same people who made the mistake with my stereo install. Small world.
Yea, I took it back today and they said the brown wire with the blue stripe is an audio input wire and is not certain which wire is the proper wire to isolate. So I am back to square one on the falsing issue !

Anybody on which wire? Any pictures of this wire? So I take it to these clowns and have them properly fix my falsing problem?

TIA.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:59 PM
eidolon
Instructor

Arrow

Originally Posted by LRBill
On a related subject...I understand that the double beep is a fault. what can cause it? Every time I get out of the car and lock it I get the double beep.
If you press the arming button twice (rapidly), that arms the alarm but turns OFF the interior motion sensor. The car will immediately give you a quick chirp to alert you that the interior motion sensor has been disarmed but the car is alarm is armed. However, if you press the arming button once and then shortly after you get a chirp the alarm is telling you that it is armed but something is open or not properly closed. Usually it's the center armrest console microswitch, indicating it is not completely closed or the microswitch is bent.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:33 PM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Ah that solves it for me thanks to C four S and Function 12'' Thanks so much guys.. Mine only sounds on a double click so it is working as it should be... Thanks I am relieved about that. I will only click one time from now on.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:38 AM
fpb111
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 71 Posts

http://www.renntech.org/forums/topic...arm+%2Bproblem

From a Rennlist.org thread:

"I replaced my radio and now Ihave the problem with the alarm beeping when I lock the car. The car is a 2003 996 originally with the base sound system. I have looked at other posts on this problem which describe locating brown with green stripe (or blue stripe) wire on the left side of the radio compartment. I tried to locate this wire, but Icannot find it. I could not see any wires on theleft side except those that run to the PSM button and the wiper rheostat. Perhaps the alarm portion changed when theywent to the MOST bus system? "

"2003 and newer no brown/green wire. Radio is part of the MOST system."
"The durametric should be able to pinpoint the fault codes where the problem is sourcing from which could be ... (in no particular order, and not complete list)

alarm unit itself
fuel door flap
passenger comp. monitor
microswitches for doors
front hood latch
rear engine bay latch
radio ground
oddments tray switch
"other"

It's an exercise in futility and expensive if you try to "fix" all of the above possibilities without first knowing where the faults are coming from. "
Old 05-04-2012, 12:11 PM
LRBill
Racer

Originally Posted by eidolon
If you press the arming button twice (rapidly), that arms the alarm but turns OFF the interior motion sensor. The car will immediately give you a quick chirp to alert you that the interior motion sensor has been disarmed but the car is alarm is armed. However, if you press the arming button once and then shortly after you get a chirp the alarm is telling you that it is armed but something is open or not properly closed. Usually it's the center armrest console microswitch, indicating it is not completely closed or the microswitch is bent.

Thanks. I'll have to investigate that center console switch.

Could it be related to a passenger window that is not dropping for door opening correctly?

Sorry for the hijack, I'll quit now
Old 05-05-2012, 12:17 AM
eidolon
Instructor

Originally Posted by LRBill
Thanks. I'll have to investigate that center console switch.

Could it be related to a passenger window that is not dropping for door opening correctly?

Sorry for the hijack, I'll quit now

Not a problem... glad I could help. Just wish I can get a solution for mine now so I can get a complete nights sleep.

As for the the window not dropping causing the problem... not likely related- but hey with that said I have seen stranger things occur in these cars in my 10 years in them, so I would not be surprised if a case appeared here someday turning what I said on its side.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:41 AM
jfintexas
Instructor

Looks like the key is having a Durametric, which the idiots at CarToys will not have. I hope you find the source, eidolon. Might have to bite the bullet and take it to a place that can properly diagnose it. Let us know how it turns out. I have been holding off on stereo on my 04 with NAV and got a quote from my local CarToys...

Will target suspension next instead.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:49 AM
eidolon
Instructor

Originally Posted by jfintexas
Looks like the key is having a Durametric, which the idiots at CarToys will not have. I hope you find the source, eidolon. Might have to bite the bullet and take it to a place that can properly diagnose it. Let us know how it turns out. I have been holding off on stereo on my 04 with NAV and got a quote from my local CarToys...

Will target suspension next instead.

Yeap, I agree I think having access to a Durametric is key... makes me wish I bought the one that was on sale here on the list a few weeks back. There was a guy at this Car Toys years ago that has worked on all my Porsches in the past... but he moved on and now I only have access to the generic everyday audio hacks and **** jockeys (I'm gonna wear that term out).
Old 05-05-2012, 12:56 AM
jfintexas
Instructor

Too funny.

Quick Reply: 996 Alarm Falsing