Sponsored by:

PSE cutout removal with pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2021, 06:29 PM
wdb
Rennlist Member

Received 1,206 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by wdb
I was about to say "no switch, no wiring", but then I took another look based on some information in this thread here on Rennlist. I have a blank where the switch would be -- if it were on the left that is. Lo and behold, on the RIGHT side there is a blank but with a harness connecting to the back. In other words I have everything except the switch itself. Prod month "2002-06-01" and "XLF" on the frunklid tag, so this is how it came from the factory. An odd duck I guess? Although from other threads on here it appears as though the early 996.2's might have had, errr, variations in how this was installed at the factory.

I'm off now to place a small order...
Switch came in today, woohoo! I plugged it in and sure enough it works. Made the relay mod and now I'm good to go. Thanks again to all who contribute great information like this.
Old 10-20-2021, 07:05 PM
Dranon
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 141 Posts

Awesome! So glad it was an easy solution for you! Its nice to be able to turn it off when you want, problem is I never want! Did you put the switch on the left or right side?
Old 10-20-2021, 07:17 PM
wdb
Rennlist Member

Received 1,206 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by Dranon
Awesome! So glad it was an easy solution for you! Its nice to be able to turn it off when you want, problem is I never want! Did you put the switch on the left or right side?
If you look at my earlier post you'll see that the switch wiring was installed on the right bottom location on the horseshoe. I specifically got a right-handed switch and put it in the same spot. I did briefly look at the harness to see if it would be possible to put it on the left side, but it was all wrapped together and really looked as though it wanted to stay where it was. Having no personal preference, I left it.

Thanks again!
The following users liked this post:
Dranon (10-22-2021)

Quick Reply: PSE cutout removal with pics