Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks!
Old 07-10-2014, 10:47 AM
fpena944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts

Wow this looks like a lot of work. All I did to make my PSE loud all the time was disconnect the vacuum lines leading to the muffler. The valves are now open all the time.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:09 AM
Seeeu911
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by fpena944
Wow this looks like a lot of work. All I did to make my PSE loud all the time was disconnect the vacuum lines leading to the muffler. The valves are now open all the time.
What's a lot of work ? Pop a relay cut a diode ?

what you did was easier ? unplugging the vacuum lines, sealing them up so they don't ingest dirt, securing them so they don't flap around, and now your switch does not work.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:17 PM
fpena944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Seeeu911
What's a lot of work ? Pop a relay cut a diode ?

what you did was easier ? unplugging the vacuum lines, sealing them up so they don't ingest dirt, securing them so they don't flap around, and now your switch does not work.
Well I should have qualified my statement by saying I was already under the mufflers because of changing out my catalytic converters.

I sealed the connections but actually removed the hoses and the actuators. So in the process my car actually lost some weight too. I didn't want the lines flapping around disconnected so saw that as the best solution. All parts are still in a bag so I can go back to stock at any time.
Old 05-16-2015, 01:26 PM
thin_concrete
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was well worth the 10 minutes to do. I went for a quick spin and hearing that deep growl through the entire range was intoxicating. And the dash button still works if you need to quiet the car down.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:25 AM
Third-Reef
Three Wheelin'

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts

I just installed a switch in the change holder that is a simple PSE on or off. Pulled the relay, and switch the right terminal to ground. Pure analog.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:06 PM
thin_concrete
Pro

Originally Posted by Third-Reef
I just installed a switch in the change holder that is a simple PSE on or off. Pulled the relay, and switch the right terminal to ground. Pure analog.
I'm assuming you don't have the PSE switch on your dash. If you do, what is the purpose of the second switch?
Old 05-18-2015, 07:57 PM
Third-Reef
Three Wheelin'

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts

Mine is a 99, no switch on the dash and no connections on the relay for one. The 99 has the old school version.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:11 AM
theclutch
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SubzeroX
thanks to jfintexas (many thanks) i was able to figure out how to make my PSE NOT stop from 28mph-44mph. I figured we should have a DIY here as opposed to renntech. Took me about 15 minutes to do it, but that's cause i'm very non-mechanic friendly haha...
Thanks for the instructions....

But now the real question is, WHY did Porsche design this so that the PSE stops from 28-44mph? I am assuming they did this so that the car is more efficient/powerful based on the exhaust flow at those speeds???
Old 06-01-2015, 11:30 AM
alpine003
Banned

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by theclutch
Thanks for the instructions....

But now the real question is, WHY did Porsche design this so that the PSE stops from 28-44mph? I am assuming they did this so that the car is more efficient/powerful based on the exhaust flow at those speeds???
Strictly for noise regulations/considerations in certain countries.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:16 PM
theclutch
Instructor

Originally Posted by alpine003
Strictly for noise regulations/considerations in certain countries.
Is this officially written somewhere? If so, it would definitely make me feel better about snipping that wire or diode. I'd just hate to think that I'm losing power or something by doing so otherwise.

It would be kind of odd, however, that Porsche would do that "in consideration of certain countries" when USA is their largest market where it's not an issue AND if a person ordered the PSE which is typically a $2500-ish option, they'd want the PSE for all speeds. Further, its' not even THAT loud at all...
Old 06-01-2015, 12:30 PM
alpine003
Banned

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by theclutch
Is this officially written somewhere? If so, it would definitely make me feel better about snipping that wire or diode. I'd just hate to think that I'm losing power or something by doing so otherwise.

It would be kind of odd, however, that Porsche would do that "in consideration of certain countries" when USA is their largest market where it's not an issue AND if a person ordered the PSE which is typically a $2500-ish option, they'd want the PSE for all speeds. Further, its' not even THAT loud at all...
If you think about it, the non-pse porsches are basically "corked" all the time and PSE was never introduced as a power adder option in anyway to my knowledge. Concerned about losing power(albeit very negligible if any) between 28-44mph? LOL. I think you're splitting hairs and doing what a model citizen does best on RL, worry...
Old 06-06-2015, 09:29 PM
theclutch
Instructor

Ok, so I just did this... Omg, the car sounds soooo much better. I ended up cutting the diode vs. Cutting the wire since the wires are tucked in there pretty good.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:07 AM
thin_concrete
Pro

Good - I'm glad you like it. I know I'm very happy with it as well. I opted for the diode over cutting the wires for the same reason you did. If worse comes to worse, I'll just solder the diode back in, but I can't imagine it ever coming to that.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:09 AM
cerex
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did this on my car when I had the PSE installed. No need to mess with the relay you can damage other things. Just cut/disconnect the speedsignal to this relay. (grey/pink wire) is- as mentioned earlier

Quick Reply: PSE cutout removal with pics