Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

996 a real 911? Screw Hershey Swap Meet!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Hyper911
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

good post do agree 100%
My brother came over, doesnt know Porsches very well and saw my C4S half under the tarp and said, wow those Porsches have such gorgeous lines. I looked and thought wow yes it does!!
Enjoy the cars, forget about one person.

Originally Posted by Peter 642
Methinks the lady (ladies) doth protest too much, eh?
Perhaps we should just get over it. Was unlikely deliberate and in an attempt to CYA there were silly emails back and forth (including my own) that suggests we should get on with our lives.
You know what I know? I know this:

1. When I put my foot down on the accelerator, boy does that mother take off, and fast!
2. The 993 turbo in my garage at work is absolutely gorgeous.
3. The 997 turbo in my garage at work is absolutely gorgeous.
4. The 996 C4S in my garage is absolutely gorgeous.

It's spring! Let's go driving!
Ah, junk...it's raining.

Thus endeth the sermon. Let us move on.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:40 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

lol this thread is jokes. Our 996 T-Shirts should read.

1) 996 Says "997 I Am Your Father"
or
2) 996 the reason why your 997 IMS/RMS Fails HAHA!!!
or
3) 996, it was Such A Radical Design that the 997 looked the same...
or
4) 996 C4S/Turbo the Reason Why 997 C4S/Turbo Had To Pay For Their Full Leather.
or
5) 996 the reason why 997 X51 Headers Exsist
Old 04-22-2012, 02:58 PM
Michael Robinson
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Regardless of whether or not the design of the t-shirts was done on purpose or simply a mistake is no grounds for Alan Pozner to reply is such a rude manner.

I was planning to attend this year but personal issues forced me to cancel the night before. I was hoping that this year would have yielded more attendance than last, but the photos posted seem show otherwise. I remember going up with my dad 5-7 years ago and seeing my first Porsche Junior Tractor, which I still want to own to this day. There were all kinds of Porsches and swappables as far as the eyes could see. I can tell you this, after reading his responses to your concerns that, I will not be attending another Central Pennsylvania PCA event until Alan Ponzer has left his seat as president.

It may be a petty t-shirt this time but his attitude may carry over to business matter which could be a lot more disturbing next time. Poor business ethics on his part. Shame on you Alan Ponzer.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:23 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

now now guys Alan Ponzer is the Perfect guy for the PCA Board... i mean its a well known fact that ALL Porsche Owner/Drivers are "*******'s". He is just in the Sprit and the Perfect guy for our Image
Old 04-22-2012, 08:24 PM
uberskier
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NZ951
Ummm some 959's were actually built from 911's to compete in Group B.

When I was younger, they were giving out this picture at the factory in Zuffenhausen in the summer of 1985. Sorry for the crappy cell phone picture. I've had it hanging in my garage for many years now. It was originally the 911 Gruppe B.

I wish I had never creased it before I had it mounted, but that was almost 30 years ago!

Eric
Old 04-22-2012, 09:40 PM
Sue Esponte
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 959 was an effort by the factory to push 911 chassis to its absolute limits, or so I've always understood, but calling the 959 a 911 is like calling an Audi TT a model of New Beetle...and the TT and NB probably have a lot more in common.

Besides, weren't the Carrera GT's chassis and suspension based on the 911 GT1?

Anyway, that's just my opinion. I can't imagine any 959 owners inviting people to see their 911 but it certainly wouldn't offend me if they did. It's the exclusion of the 996 that baffles me.

-Eric
Old 04-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Steve2112
Racer

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
I this really the response you received from the CPA PCA President?????

What an a$$.

I did not attend the Hershey meet yesterday and I will not attend this event in the future. Nor will I participate in any more of their AX events.

There are far too many other great events in my area to sweat missing any CPA activities.
Yes it is - I'm glad the management in the North East Chapter is not like that. I know it's pretty petty and there are more important things, but I have been stressed out at work and raging recently. I probably wouldn't have emailed if work wasn't bothering me so much
Old 04-23-2012, 03:01 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by uberskier

When I was younger, they were giving out this picture at the factory in Zuffenhausen in the summer of 1985. Sorry for the crappy cell phone picture. I've had it hanging in my garage for many years now. It was originally the 911 Gruppe B.

I wish I had never creased it before I had it mounted, but that was almost 30 years ago!

Eric
Thats an awesome poster! Such a revolutionary car.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:18 AM
lordpantsington
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Zookie
lol this thread is jokes. Our 996 T-Shirts should read.

1) 996 Says "997 I Am Your Father"
or
2) 996 the reason why your 997 IMS/RMS Fails HAHA!!!
or
3) 996, it was Such A Radical Design that the 997 looked the same...
or
4) 996 C4S/Turbo the Reason Why 997 C4S/Turbo Had To Pay For Their Full Leather.
or
5) 996 the reason why 997 X51 Headers Exsist
6) 996 So good it gets its own damn shirt!
Old 04-26-2012, 08:08 AM
00r101
Racer

Ahhh. The joys of the internet. To be able to publish your comments no matter how uninformed and malicious in complete anonymity. To be able to character assasinate at will without ever meeting face to face. To be able to publish someone else's email address and full name without ever divulging your own.

Well all you jackals and harpies, this is Alan Pozner. I dare any of you to meet me face to face and say your worst.

But before you do, let me set the record straight about a few misconceptions that have been offered as fact on this forum.

1) This T-shirt was designed by a gentleman in our club who made an honest, legitimate mistake. It was approved by the swap committee and was printed. Although I had no involvement in the production of the shirt as president of the chapter I do take responsibility for it.

2) I initially found out about this error through an anonymous email I received. It was a long, barely intelligible rant that called me an idiot. I had no idea of the scope of the discussion or context that the writer was operating under. I only knew that someone that I did not know insulted me for something I had no knowledge of. I responded to that email in kind. The nameless faceless lout then published my private correspondence but neglected to publish his own. Taking someone's words out of context is a low but increasingly common tactic in our society. It is never acceptable and always leads to misunderstanding.

3) Others wrote me emails after some lowlife included my email address in his post with the command that people write. Some of those emails were polite and I tried to answer in kind. Polite reasoned apologies to polite letters; insulting responses to rude, curse laden diatribes. Would you not have done the same?

4) The final totals are not in but it looks like that in spite of forecasts of bad weather this may have been the most successful swap ever. I do know that there were more vendor spots rented than ever before. Also despite the 12 pages of insults and calls to action here in this forum, the aforementioned shirt sold out in record time. Perhaps this notoriety will make this shirt a very valuable collectors item.

5) At the Zone 2 board get-together on Saturday night, I spoke with several members of the clubs National leadership. Most had read this forum and I was told in no uncertain terms that they thought the issue to be a tempest in a tea pot. One senior official told me candidly that he would have posted a scathing letter dunning your attacks were he an individual and not representing the whole club. I was told that National was "on my side" in this issue.

6) So, I hope that in the future you will refrain from posting supposition and rumor and declaiming it as fact. This has been a sad reflection not on me but on some petty people on the web. It has made me rethink my commitment to the club. Luckily the behavior of members in my chapter in person trumps the faceless yammering here.

7) Still think you have been dissed and affronted? Here's my contact information:

Alan Pozner
784 S Cedar St.
Lititz PA 17543
717-343-7708
alanpozner@gmail.com

One thing though; I will not respond to anyone who does not provide me with the same information about themselves. If you want to get personal, it should be a two-way street.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:26 AM
mjb2448
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

If you're the real Alan Pozner, then what is the color of the boathouse at Hereford ?
Old 04-26-2012, 09:55 AM
dotframe
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Who does number 2 work for?!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:00 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Do you have a Mini Me?
Old 04-26-2012, 10:01 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by 00r101
Ahhh. The joys of the internet. To be able to publish your comments no matter how uninformed and malicious in complete anonymity. To be able to character assasinate at will without ever meeting face to face. To be able to publish someone else's email address and full name without ever divulging your own.

Well all you jackals and harpies, this is Alan Pozner. I dare any of you to meet me face to face and say your worst.

But before you do, let me set the record straight about a few misconceptions that have been offered as fact on this forum.

1) This T-shirt was designed by a gentleman in our club who made an honest, legitimate mistake. It was approved by the swap committee and was printed. Although I had no involvement in the production of the shirt as president of the chapter I do take responsibility for it.

2) I initially found out about this error through an anonymous email I received. It was a long, barely intelligible rant that called me an idiot. I had no idea of the scope of the discussion or context that the writer was operating under. I only knew that someone that I did not know insulted me for something I had no knowledge of. I responded to that email in kind. The nameless faceless lout then published my private correspondence but neglected to publish his own. Taking someone's words out of context is a low but increasingly common tactic in our society. It is never acceptable and always leads to misunderstanding.

3) Others wrote me emails after some lowlife included my email address in his post with the command that people write. Some of those emails were polite and I tried to answer in kind. Polite reasoned apologies to polite letters; insulting responses to rude, curse laden diatribes. Would you not have done the same?

4) The final totals are not in but it looks like that in spite of forecasts of bad weather this may have been the most successful swap ever. I do know that there were more vendor spots rented than ever before. Also despite the 12 pages of insults and calls to action here in this forum, the aforementioned shirt sold out in record time. Perhaps this notoriety will make this shirt a very valuable collectors item.

5) At the Zone 2 board get-together on Saturday night, I spoke with several members of the clubs National leadership. Most had read this forum and I was told in no uncertain terms that they thought the issue to be a tempest in a tea pot. One senior official told me candidly that he would have posted a scathing letter dunning your attacks were he an individual and not representing the whole club. I was told that National was "on my side" in this issue.

6) So, I hope that in the future you will refrain from posting supposition and rumor and declaiming it as fact. This has been a sad reflection not on me but on some petty people on the web. It has made me rethink my commitment to the club. Luckily the behavior of members in my chapter in person trumps the faceless yammering here.

7) Still think you have been dissed and affronted? Here's my contact information:

Alan Pozner
784 S Cedar St.
Lititz PA 17543
717-343-7708
alanpozner@gmail.com

One thing though; I will not respond to anyone who does not provide me with the same information about themselves. If you want to get personal, it should be a two-way street.
I think this is going to get more pages. Need popcorn and IBTL..
Old 04-26-2012, 10:19 AM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

were done here.

Cheers all.

Quick Reply: 996 a real 911? Screw Hershey Swap Meet!!!