Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by pmkazz
Yes. It is a very easy DIY..

1) jack up the car--Correct
2) remove the rear wheel--Yes
3) remove the muffler--Yes both sides
4) remove the heat shield—Yes both sides
5) Disconnect the coil packs (two screws and a connector)-- Yes
6) Remove the tubes with a rubber tube connector, which appears to be available from Walmart—Yes. This is a boat transom plug. I could not find it at Walmart but I did in a boat shop for five dollars. I used a one inch plug and if you need to make it a little bigger just wrap some tape around it. My spark plug tubes came right out without a problem. Also you can order it on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=transom+plug&x=12&y=20[/url]

7) Snap the new tubes in place—They push in place. I actually ordered the Porsche recommended grease that you need to coat the new O rings with the new tubes. That cost approximately $38.00 I think. There are other cheaper greases that you can use.
8) put everything back in place—Yes.

It took me 2.5 hours total to complete this job and most of the time was spent taken off the muffers.
Kaz did you use the snap tight or screw tight boat transom plug? I am going to order one from Amazon as I am coming up to 60K this summer and will change my plugs.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:42 PM
pmkazz
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Hurdigurdiman
Kaz did you use the snap tight or screw tight boat transom plug? I am going to order one from Amazon as I am coming up to 60K this summer and will change my plugs.
Screw type. Worked great no problem. You do not have to remove the spark plugs unless you are planning to change them...
Old 05-03-2012, 08:14 AM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by pmkazz
Screw type. Worked great no problem. You do not have to remove the spark plugs unless you are planning to change them...
Ok Kaz thanks mate. I have ordered the screwed one.

Any advice on what brand of spark plugs. I am tempted to use the ones that Porsche use as this will probably be the last plug change that I do on this car. Would you use the same covers if they are not damaged, or order new ones as well. If new, where from? Thanks.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:58 AM
pmkazz
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

I like to stick with Porsche OEM parts so I would probable use the Porsche recommended spark plugs. I am not sure what you are referring to "covers"? If you are referring to the spark plug tubes replace all of them including new O-rings. If you are referring to the coils, check them over well for cracks, breakage, etc. I would not replace them unless you notice a problem.

Quick Reply: Identify this engine part!