Sponsored by:

scam alert on autotrader!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 07:08 AM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by babylonboots
Yeah, I have to have another hobby to fill in the time when I'm not driving my C4 or working. This particular shoot had a number of "non p-cars" - Lambos, Ferraris, even a Rolls.
Yeh so have I....Well I tried getting them into the back seats.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Down South
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

My eyes...my eyes...
Old 02-03-2012, 06:47 PM
babylonboots
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Hurdigurdiman
Yeh so have I....Well I tried getting them into the back seats.
You need to get a new model agency and probably new suspension.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:49 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,876 Likes on 2,884 Posts

Originally Posted by babylonboots
Thanks. May as well add one here for you to enjoy.

I need to schedule another shoot. Soon.
nice skin tones...soft box i presume??
Old 02-08-2012, 01:07 PM
sun_dance
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, just a heads up but those cars.com and autotrader.com scammers aren't getting more bold. I just received the following from one of them via e-mail. I proceeded to phone the person up and he was more than willing to give me the VIN, furthermore I confirmed the address with him and he said "yes I will be there with all kinds of cars, we have a lot of selection". I looked up the place on bing maps and it's just an industrial park!

Good morning Mr.Ross Wesson,

My name is Ryan Davis,I am contacting you from Motors-Department Dealership on behalf of Mr.David Weber in regards to the 2002 Porsche 911 Turbo.We like to inform you that the car is still for sale. The asking price is $21,000.00 nonnegotiable.
Few words about the car it has only 79,638 miles was always garaged and the regular maintenance was done in time,it wasn't involved in any accident and has never suffered any kind of damage also this is a non-smoker car and the pictures bellow confirms everything I said.

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/cKFXv#0

If you need additional details please contact us back.

Ryan Davis
Motors-Department Dealership
www.motorsdepartment.net
Phone:+1(407) 378 4829
Email:motorsdepartment@yahoo.com
Address: 4102 Bulls Bay Hwy
Jacksonville, FL 32219
Old 02-08-2012, 01:46 PM
dallison28
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fpena944
Lives in Topeka without a driver's license??? That's a huge giveaway that it's a scam!
and has a porsche
Old 02-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Dharn55
Drifting

Received 174 Likes on 107 Posts

So you mean the envelope of cash I sent them was a mistake?
Old 02-14-2012, 01:57 PM
ozzie12007
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by sun_dance
Hey guys, just a heads up but those cars.com and autotrader.com scammers aren't getting more bold. I just received the following from one of them via e-mail. I proceeded to phone the person up and he was more than willing to give me the VIN, furthermore I confirmed the address with him and he said "yes I will be there with all kinds of cars, we have a lot of selection". I looked up the place on bing maps and it's just an industrial park!

Good morning Mr.Ross Wesson,

My name is Ryan Davis,I am contacting you from Motors-Department Dealership on behalf of Mr.David Weber in regards to the 2002 Porsche 911 Turbo.We like to inform you that the car is still for sale. The asking price is $21,000.00 nonnegotiable.
Few words about the car it has only 79,638 miles was always garaged and the regular maintenance was done in time,it wasn't involved in any accident and has never suffered any kind of damage also this is a non-smoker car and the pictures bellow confirms everything I said.

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/cKFXv#0

Ryan Davis
www.motorsdepartment.net
Jacksonville, FL 32219
hello all - i found a truck from this same company that i really liked. and im in the process of getting a loan from my bank. Has anyone done business with this company. i was able to contact someone to get the vin # and did a carfax report and everything seems to be good. Is everyone sure this is a scam?

here is the email he sent to me
"My name is Marion Hansen,I am contacting you from Marion-Cars Dealership on behalf of Ms.Marsha Lindsey in regards to the 2011 Ford F-150 Harley.We like to inform you that the car is still for sale. The asking price is $33,000.00 nonnegotiable.
Few words about the car it was always garaged and the regular maintenance was done in time,it wasn't involved in any accident and has never suffered any kind of damage also this is a non-smoker car.The pictures bellow confirms everything I said.

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/5xFD1#0

Ryan Davis
www.motorsdepartment.net
Jacksonville, FL 32219
Old 02-14-2012, 03:10 PM
fronesis47
Instructor

That's clearly a SCAM. The pictures of that truck are taken in front of Alan Vigil Ford, in Georgia. The website is obviously just a template with no info.

SCAM
Old 02-14-2012, 03:50 PM
Partsguy
Instructor

Most scam ads have a first name only and no phone #, these are the ones to avoid. They just downloaded someones pics and information so they can send you pics and provide the VIN from they info they kept. The stupid low price should also be a tip off. The best are the ones that use the same pics in different ads with different locations and names with the same mileage and price so they show up next to each other when you search.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:01 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ozzie12007
hello all - i found a truck from this same company that i really liked. and im in the process of getting a loan from my bank. Has anyone done business with this company. i was able to contact someone to get the vin # and did a carfax report and everything seems to be good. Is everyone sure this is a scam?

here is the email he sent to me
"My name is Marion Hansen,I am contacting you from Marion-Cars Dealership on behalf of Ms.Marsha Lindsey in regards to the 2011 Ford F-150 Harley.We like to inform you that the car is still for sale. The asking price is $33,000.00 nonnegotiable.
Few words about the car it was always garaged and the regular maintenance was done in time,it wasn't involved in any accident and has never suffered any kind of damage also this is a non-smoker car.The pictures bellow confirms everything I said.

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/5xFD1#0

Ryan Davis
www.motorsdepartment.net
Jacksonville, FL 32219
E-mail that you will show up with cash when you pick up the car, and watch them squirm.

Scam, scam, scam.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:46 PM
ozzie12007
2nd Gear

thanks.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:44 PM
jdjones2010
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Down South
Thanks!

It took a long time to find a good one with the right pcar.

Believe me, the pcar doesn't come into play here!
Old 02-14-2012, 10:01 PM
Down South
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

Also, the address is Jacksonville, FL but the phone number is an Orlando area code, 407.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:40 PM
Partsguy
Instructor

Now they're asking reasonable $$ for the cars, I saw one listed @$30k for a nicely optioned 02 cab. This was the reply....

[B]Hi Jeff,

The car is still for sale and the asking price is $30,000. The vehicle is located in Orlando,FL and it's registered on my name and the title is clean and clear. It has 35,950 miles.I work in the real estate business and I just sold my house and moved out.This is the last thing I need to sell because I don't need it anymore...I am very busy with my work and I won't not be able to deal in person,but I've already arranged the shipping and the title transfered anywhere in the US.We can use Escrow Management protection program for our safety and for payment I prefer to use an Escrow Management buyer protection plan.The financial part will be managed by them,which means that you will have 5 days inspection period before committing to buy the vehicle and a refund policy will be included.The deal will go strictly according to Escrow Management rules and policy.There are no other costs on this transaction through Escrow Management.

Let me know asap if you want to buy it.

For more pictures copy or click the following link:
http://imgur.com/a/18CFy

Thanks,
Lisa Bickley

P.S: Here's the VIN # WP0CA29982S652881 so you can run a CARFAX Report just to make sure you know exactly what you're buying!!! [B]

Escrow Management buyer protection plan, that sounds problem free......

Quick Reply: scam alert on autotrader!