Sponsored by:

peeps in Dallas TX area

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Partsguy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default peeps in Dallas TX area

I'm looking at a car at Park Place Porsche and would like to get an unbiased opinion on an 02 cab I am considering. TIA.

Jeff
Old 01-27-2012, 07:04 PM
TRT41
Burning Brakes

Received 67 Likes on 43 Posts

I live a few miles from there, be glad to check it out. Give me a short or long list of things that you need to know.

is it this one? http://porschedallas.parkplacetexas....ition_id=10426

They do tend to carry very nice cars, having an '02 is not the norm for them so it most likely is in very good condition.

Last edited by TRT41; 01-27-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:49 AM
Partsguy
Instructor

Most of it looks good, but I am interested in the fromt bumper cover, it appears to have a small indent by the tow hook; the top near the rear of the driver side windows has an odd ruffle to it. Anything else that appears out of place, ie: exceptional wear in a spot. And of course, an opinion of the condition of the whole package. Is it as nice as in the pictures? Thanks!

Jeff

Last edited by Partsguy; 01-29-2012 at 02:00 AM. Reason: speelink
Old 01-29-2012, 10:00 AM
TRT41
Burning Brakes

I'll drop by the lot today and take a look while they are closed. If if looks good I'll drop by tomorrow and get a look at the interior. I'll get back to you later today.
Have you talked to them about the car (the usual buyer questions)? I assume you'll have a PPI.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:52 PM
TRT41
Burning Brakes

The car was not on the lot, so I did not get to look at it. I'll drop by afterwork tomorrow to see if it is there.

Last edited by TRT41; 01-29-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:15 PM
Partsguy
Instructor

Thanks, yes I have spoken with the internet sales mgr. Jeff Clairmont. They are trying to locate service records for me. I hope it's as nice in person as in the pics. Any suggestions on a good local shop for a PPI? Thanks again.

Jeff
Old 01-29-2012, 09:25 PM
zman2002 C4S
Advanced

I'm not sure how far you can go for a PPI. I would recommend RAC Performance but it's probably about 10-15 miles from Park Place.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:30 PM
TRT41
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Partsguy
Thanks, yes I have spoken with the internet sales mgr. Jeff Clairmont. They are trying to locate service records for me. I hope it's as nice in person as in the pics. Any suggestions on a good local shop for a PPI? Thanks again.

Jeff
Jeff- the car was in the shop getting a new tranmission cooler. The body looks great, or at least the lower part. It was on the lift so I could not see the upper body panels or the Cab top. They said they have 25 pages of service records performed by Boardwalk (Dallas). I'd talk to both shops about the car's history.

The front bumper looked in good shape, with a minor flaw at the tow hook. I looks like it bumped against a garge post, nothing major. The top has been patched, looks like silicon, but since it was on the lift I could not get a good look. Must be a Dallas thing, I see a lot of silicon on the tops around here!. The top did not seem as tight as my '00, so it may be a replacement.

Overall it looked good, althought it has an oil leak on the right bank, they said from the valve cover. I'd dig deeper with them on that issue.

I'll look it over again once it is off the lift.

Again, I'd go through the service records with both Park Place and Boardwalk to check on RMS, and other repairs over the last 10yrs.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:41 PM
Partsguy
Instructor

I got the records from Boardwalk, they (PP) emailed them to me and it is complete from 1/07 to 8/11. PP serviced it before that and I'll get those tomorrow. I'm glad you were able to see it from the underside, I greatly appreciate your offer to go back and give the rest of the car a look. I look forward to hearing back about the top, body and interior.

Thanks again.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:37 PM
TRT41
Burning Brakes

I got the records from Boardwalk, they (PP) emailed them to me and it is complete from 1/07 to 8/11. PP serviced it before that and I'll get those tomorrow. I'm glad you were able to see it from the underside, I greatly appreciate your offer to go back and give the rest of the car a look. I look forward to hearing back about the top, body and interior.

Thanks again.
No problem, glad to help. I like hanging out around P Cars, except it takes awhile to shake off the want for more...
Old 02-01-2012, 05:55 PM
Partsguy
Instructor

TRT41, the car was sold last night, but not to me. They sent me pics of the top, and I was not excited when I saw them, it did have several white wear spots and a few dabs of silicon. After pricing tops and installation, I called him back to work out the bottom line, he told me it had been sold last night. I guess these things happen when you are not there to see, feel or touch it and make a decision based on being there as opposed to looking and trying to figure out what you are looking for. Oh, well it's on to one in North Carolina. Thanks again for your efforts.

Jeff
Old 02-02-2012, 07:53 PM
TRT41
Burning Brakes

TRT41, the car was sold last night, but not to me. They sent me pics of the top, and I was not excited when I saw them, it did have several white wear spots and a few dabs of silicon. After pricing tops and installation, I called him back to work out the bottom line, he told me it had been sold last night. I guess these things happen when you are not there to see, feel or touch it and make a decision based on being there as opposed to looking and trying to figure out what you are looking for. Oh, well it's on to one in North Carolina. Thanks again for your efforts.

Jeff
They returned my call about 3 hours ago telling me they sold it. They had told me they'd call when it was off the lift. The top did not fit right, but the body looked in good shape. I alway see things like this as for the best, you'll find the right car. Sorry I couldn't help you more. Good luck in your hunt.
- David
Old 02-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Jeff
If you look at another cabriolet make sure it has the hard top coming with the deal. Nothing was mentioned on the one you missed. There are lots of artic silver hard tops to be got as that color combination was very common in these earlier lease carts. You can see them on ebay for around $600/$700.. I have the 99 and it came with the hard top. You are better testing a cab with the hard top in place as I found out when I heard a loud transmission which had to be changed at a later date. Luckily I had taken out an extended 3yr/45000 mile warrenty during the sale. You can't hear much with the top down. Obviously the exhause sound and that's about it. Good luck with your search.

Quick Reply: peeps in Dallas TX area