Child Booster Seat for 996 acquired

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 09:07 PM
syncrofly
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Child Booster Seat for 996 acquired

Hello all,

I recently went through the old threads on this site looking for help outfitting my 2001 996 with a booster seat with a 5 point harness in hopes it helps other parents out there fit their families in their ride.

My 3.5 year old who is on the small side fits very comfortably in this seat.

Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL

I believe the company is changing their name to Diono but keeping this seat in their line up. I took the seat bottom out and threaded the seat belt through in kind of a W pattern. Barely fit, but super snug.

The buckles and everything super easy.

Has side to side head protection and a 5 point harness which were high on the booster list. The top barely clears the rear glass but does fit fine. Their tan isn't a perfect match for my leather, but there are other colors and looks good enough to me.

Kinda spendy at $325 but guessing it could be found cheaper... relative to the other options this worked out cheaper and a snug fit.

When it comes to child safety please do your own homework, I'm no expert and cannot guarantee this seat is safe etc. but it fits and has the features we needed.

Good luck!
Attached Images   
Old 01-09-2012, 09:48 PM
uberskier
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

Umh, shouldn't that chest strap be up way higher?

I took out the seats in the back of by C4S to give both kids a bit more room - now one is technically able to go without the booster - where has the time gone?!?!
Old 01-09-2012, 10:31 PM
syncrofly
Intermediate

Yes indeed it should be higher. Can you fit a boostrless size kid back there? I just assumed it turned into a 2 seater when the kid hit 6.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:20 PM
leejo
Burning Brakes

I'm planning to get a 996 in the next month or two, and will also need booster seats in the back for quick trips to school. Had thought to get the Britax Parkway, which, I understand, will fit back there. I guess that you did some research before settling on a $325 booster seat - any thoughts on the Britax? Thanks.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:52 PM
uberskier
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

I had my son in the back at 6 with a booster seat without the back (with the Porsche seats in). Then at 7, I took out the seats and put the back on the booster. Now he's 8, still has the booster with the back, but he's always behind the passenger seat so he get's a bit more room.

I may put in the seat next summer and have him go without the booster.

I don't see any issue with him having enough room. He's a pretty normal sized 8 year old.

Eric
Old 01-10-2012, 09:17 AM
frisbee91
Three Wheelin'

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Yep, between 5.5 years and about 8 years old, I went with a "Harmony Literider" backless booster. (obviously, height and weight matter more, check the ratings on your seat.) The standard Porsche seat cushions are installed with this configuration.

At 8+, my daughter fits perfectly in the back seat of my cab with no booster. The seat belt fits properly at her height. Not sure how many more years they will continue to fit, but it works for now.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:20 PM
Peter 642
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had posted and done a bit of research a while back, and then never put my kid into the back seat (yet).
Did you LATCH that seat in Kelly (they do exist in these cars, actually)? I assume the seat belt we're staring at is the passenger's front seatbelt....
Old 01-11-2012, 11:09 AM
alpine003
Banned

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

There are rear mounting points hidden in the rear deck carpeting behind the seats as well. If you look really close, you should be able to see some light indentations in the carpet to cut if you want to access these.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:30 AM
Dunkwho
3rd Gear

I've got a pair of trunki Boostapak seats in the back of my 996 c4s cab, they fit a treat for my 3 and 5 year olds. The boosters are quite high, higher than a standard booster so I have some concerns as we approach 7/8 years but they're great for now. Not cheap compared to a standard booster but these are booster/backpack combos designed to be carried for use on holiday or in someone else's car both of which we'll be doing so we went for it.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:26 AM
kmckmc
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default This Child Booster seat is less than 120USD

I believe 996 and 997 back seats are fairly similar.

Quick Reply: Child Booster Seat for 996 acquired