996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

can anyone recognize these wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 10:50 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,926 Likes on 2,914 Posts

wow i know this sounds absolutely nuts but i pulled the trigger on the car. drove it home and would have got photos for you but its pitch black outside.

the car needs the flywheel done(clutch chatter)and the IMS bearing/RMS bearing upgrade. between the carfax and the service records that were in the owners manual, it looks like the car was serviced regularly and it is a california car until 40K miles when i came to seattle.

i really thought i was going to walk away but with the offer they gave me on my mercedes trade in and the difference in the price i paid including tax and fees, i'm into the car $15K total. my shop gave me a price of $1900 to do the flywheel/IMS and RMS bearing so i'll be into the car at $17K. the miles are higher than i wanted (96.5K)but i figure by doing the upgrades it should be peace of mind for me and the next owner.

i'll get some photos tomorrow.

william
Old 11-21-2011, 11:10 PM
fivepointnine
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

which shop for the IMS? I want to do the LN ceramic upgrade this winter on mine. congrats on the car!
Old 11-21-2011, 11:47 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,926 Likes on 2,914 Posts

thanks appreciate it...AKERS porsche on capitol hill. located on broadway -they are a great honest shop.

Quick Reply: can anyone recognize these wheels?