996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

WTB > 1999 996 coupe - 6speed - silver/black - $17,000

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 09:36 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

not trying to give you crap.... just "trying" to educate. I use to think that Chicago 911 are bad cars to buy..... but I assumed wrong.... there are plenty of "desirable" Chicago cars. Maybe you should do a search on proper winter storage and when to drive the car during winter to keep the seals wet and condensation out of the sump.... yes the car "sits", but as enthusiast.... we know how to keep the car going. Yes, there are enthusiast outside of California.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:05 PM
Thundertub
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey, hey, hey! Guys, guys, guys. We get a convert and now we are chasing him away before he is even here. He lives on the West Coast - where for the past 60 years over HALF of ALL Porsches brought to North America were sold. HALF. I think he can easily find whatever he wants in CA with those odds.

I live on the East Coast, I drive all year around, I never winterize, and I have never bought a snow tire for my car. But I live in FLORIDA. And I don't live any closer to an ocean than anyone on CA.

So help him find what he wants in CA and lets move on to PHASE ONE of harrassing him for not posting pics yet.

Last edited by Thundertub; 11-14-2011 at 10:40 PM. Reason: OP does not actually live in CA
Old 11-14-2011, 10:21 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Californians always believe that their crap smells better. I'm happy to have them believe that, as it keeps them holed up on the west coast and not polluting the nice parts of the country. Education is a wonderful thing, pity that education in CA is right down there on par with with TX.

If the OP wants to limit his search for invalid reasons, then good luck to him. As Thundertub said, there should be plenty of choice out there and he will find what he needs and that's enough reason to limit the search, but don't denigrate east coast cars under false assumptions.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:30 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,926 Likes on 2,914 Posts

wellardmac you said:
"Californians always believe that their crap smells better. I'm happy to have them believe that, as it keeps them holed up on the west coast and not polluting the nice parts of the country. Education is a wonderful thing, pity that education in CA is right down there on par with with TX."

i say:
you sound really ignorant. i'm originally from new york and if you read any of the previous posts you would have learned that. i live in seattle not california and you could have learned that too by settling down, relaxing not flaming and reading my avatar....you sound like the person who needs educating considering how observant you are and your comments about the californians and texans.

theres just no excuse for your ignorance.

how does offering my opinion that california cars are more desirable than east coast cars get to this point?

glad you live far far way.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:43 PM
Sneaky Pete
Nordschleife Master

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

I get the CA mindset on cars....living in Indy and coming from WI I drive my soon to be 13 yr old car in the summer, on the track and in the winter. It does not miss a beat. I wash my car, power wash the underside in the spring and maintain my car the best I can. I'm sure I'm not only one that does this to a daily driver. The corrosion system Porsche uses is bar none. Keep it clean and maintained and the car will look like it just rolled off the assembly line. CA is a big state and has lot of cars.....the US is even bigger and good cars are all over the place. The message here is don't rule out any area for your search.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:49 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

understand pete and i agree...i am well aware there are great cars everywhere. my opinion of why i believe california cars are more desirable lead too some unbelievably ignorant responses.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:59 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by groovzilla
wellardmac you said:
"Californians always believe that their crap smells better. I'm happy to have them believe that, as it keeps them holed up on the west coast and not polluting the nice parts of the country. Education is a wonderful thing, pity that education in CA is right down there on par with with TX."

i say:
you sound really ignorant. i'm originally from new york and if you read any of the previous posts you would have learned that. i live in seattle not california and you could have learned that too by settling down, relaxing not flaming and reading my avatar....you sound like the person who needs educating considering how observant you are and your comments about the californians and texans.

theres just no excuse for your ignorance.

how does offering my opinion that california cars are more desirable than east coast cars get to this point?

glad you live far far way.
Not ignorant - a fact. Look up CA education rankings. My wife is from California and she has seen CA flushed down the toilet in recent years. It's a hole that has been desecrated by over development of the urban centers.

Your comment on non-CA cars was ignorant, so touche.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:03 PM
Sneaky Pete
Nordschleife Master

understand pete and i agree...i am well aware there are great cars everywhere. my opinion of why i believe california cars are more desirable lead too some unbelievably ignorant responses.
I don't think ignorant is the correct word.....all of us here on RL are and can be rather opinionated. You are included in that. Its always good to see other perspectives.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:05 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete
I don't think ignorant is the correct word.....all of us here on RL are and can be rather opinionated. You are included in that. Its always good to see other perspectives.
Exactly! My opinion is actually rather educated, despite my strong opinion. The OP is opinionated with false assumptions on how east coast cars are treated. There is a difference.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:11 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

sneaky pete great color combination of silver/metropol blue. that dark dark blue is a beautiful interior with silver.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:16 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

agree but his california texas rant took it to another level.
3 sentences was a rant? One sentence on the superiority complex on the west coast and 2 sentences on true statements on the quality of education out there? Wow, I guess rants got downgraded and more affordable - Cooool!
Old 11-14-2011, 11:22 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

wellardmac...you must be pretty bored?
Old 11-14-2011, 11:28 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

wellardmac...you must be pretty bored?
Actually, I'm glad you asked. I'm sitting here proof reading a technical paper for one of my staff members and enjoying yanking your chain over your ignorance over east coast cars. You've provided a few minutes of amusement.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:31 PM
Sneaky Pete
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
Actually, I'm glad you asked. I'm sitting here proof reading a technical paper for one of my staff members and enjoying yanking your chain over your ignorance over east coast cars. You've provided a few minutes of amusement.
That's almost like make up sex
Old 11-14-2011, 11:32 PM
healey1968
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate to throw gas in the flame here, but groovzilla is 70% right. CA cars are better for their lack of rust. (He's wrong not to include the rest of the west coast).

I too started out living on the (north) east coast and have found a huge difference in quality of cars between the two extreems. Currently my DD is a 1994 Toyota with 190k miles, yet it has less rust than any other car I ever owned prior to moving. This is true for my 02 C2 Cab (so Cal car) as well as my past 67 Healey (TriCities WA car). Also, if he lives in Seattle currently why would you drive 2000+ miles just to get a midwest car??

Quick Reply: WTB > 1999 996 coupe - 6speed - silver/black - $17,000