Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Any easy way to disable 996 alarm without having issues?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2021, 05:13 PM
NuttyProfessor
Three Wheelin'

Received 218 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Judder
Good idea - I tested both doors from outside and inside and the window drops correctly in all cases so I think we can rule out the handle as being the problem.

I also locked the car and tested the handles and they are correctly inoperative when locked so maybe it is one of the micro switches in the door lock not informing the alarm that the door is locked correctly?
I had this problem. It ended up being a faulty door lock unit. The door would shut and open just fine, but something electrical in the unit was telling the car the door was still open. Open circuit? Replaced that part and all is fine.
Old 05-20-2021, 07:52 AM
Judder
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by NuttyProfessor
I had this problem. It ended up being a faulty door lock unit. The door would shut and open just fine, but something electrical in the unit was telling the car the door was still open. Open circuit? Replaced that part and all is fine.
Awesome feedback, thank you, and also to DBJoe996 for the link above to the lock replacement thread

New VW replacement lock ordered and I will be fitting in the next week or so to hopefully solve this rather frustrating problem!

Quick Reply: Any easy way to disable 996 alarm without having issues?