Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Any easy way to disable 996 alarm without having issues?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 03:23 PM
Lucifero
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys. Please help. I have replaced all interior and probably missed something. When i lock car it beeps once. MEaning that there is some error. Door, hood, trunk swithes are OK. Because if i leave open any of them - car wont lock. Meaning there is some other error. What do you have in mind: center console switch ? what is that?
Old 04-20-2015, 04:36 PM
alpine003
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Yes, there is a wire set going to the center console. That's most likely it
Old 04-20-2015, 05:27 PM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 47 Posts

Just lift the arm rest lid up and check the latch area of the center console. There are two slot. One accepting the lid latch, the other is a microswitch. It's likely it's not working or there's wiring problem (need to remove the center console to get to it).
Old 06-01-2015, 12:04 PM
crashclint
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I now have this annoying issue. I took my CDR-220 out to add the Aux In and when I put it back together I get the single beep. I pulled the radio again and noticed this piece swinging free with the Brown/Blue wire attached. It seems when some have disconnected just the wire and taped it up it has fixed the alarm issue for some and not others in my reading. Does anyone know if this works on resistance or if it is strictly a contact point when the metal of the radio contacts this it sets the alarm off? I thought about leaving it attached and just taping the whole piece. Any thoughts?
Attached Images  
Old 06-01-2015, 05:55 PM
CDLVancouver
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smorris
Until you find the issue, lock the car then unlock the car and the car will automatically lock itself after 30sec or so as long as you do not open the door...
that way you can have the car locked at work without the alarm going off.. I have to do the same thing as mine goes off every time the interior heats up... and still does after replacing the interior temp switches. The dealer has about given up and the warranty expires in about 1.5k miles!
awesome thanks for this....the service techs at the dealer didnt know how to overcome this situation. tried it today and it worked. thanks for posting!
Old 06-02-2015, 11:14 AM
crashclint
Rennlist Member

Update on the Radio Alarm wiring. Ok, I inspected the Brown/Blue wire and didn't see any cuts so I taped the end and reinstalled the radio. I locked the car with the fob and beep. So I reconnected the piece below and taped it up, reinstalled the radio locked the car with the fob and NO beep. I tried it a few times with no issues and no rogue car alarm over night so I think it is fixed. So I am not sure how all this fits but I am glad it is working correctly now.

Old 06-03-2015, 01:07 AM
dgk996
Advanced

On my 99 C2, I disconnected the seperate alarm horn. It's located near the battery on the driver's side. I got tired of chasing the problem.
Old 01-11-2018, 03:56 PM
Kona996
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aloha! I am having the same problems with my 1999 996. AND my FOB doesn't work. So I've been either leaving my car unlocked (scary) or locking it (sometimes I get a single horn beep, sometimes I don't) and the alarm still goes off. My mechanic said it was because the interior sensor was "seeing" a lighter color in my interior vs standard black. He suggested I cover the eye with a black cloth. STILL goes off. I need to be able to simply lock my car. Don't really care if the alarm is armed (would prefer it's not since it likes to go off at it's own whim). Can I do the lock, unlock, and don't touch to auto relock solution suggested above by using the key in the door? Any help is appreciated.

Laura

Porsche is a TWO syllable word
Old 09-02-2019, 08:19 PM
Eboneyman50
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche-t
I would still check the aftermarket radio install. There is a wire that connects to the chassis I believe that needs to be taped. I have an aftermarket Alpine installed in mine and I get the single beep (indicating no radio). My alarm would go off by itself randomly, but hasn't done it for about a year now.
What color is this wire? Was it attached to the factory radio? I had an aftermarket radio installed and now the alarm is going off. I need to know the fix on this as I cannot leave the car unlocked.
Old 05-13-2021, 02:24 PM
Judder
Track Day

Originally Posted by smorris
when mine had a door/window issue it would beep twice and the red lock light on the dash would stay on.
@smorris can you describe what your door window issue was and how you fixed it as I'm having exactly this same double beep issue since having my passenger door resprayed and it's super annoying! Many thanks 😁
Old 05-13-2021, 02:39 PM
DBJoe996
Rennlist Member

Received 1,085 Likes on 697 Posts

Originally Posted by Judder
@smorris can you describe what your door window issue was and how you fixed it as I'm having exactly this same double beep issue since having my passenger door resprayed and it's super annoying! Many thanks 😁
smorris last post 10 years ago in 2011. Don't think you will hear from him, but who knows? GL
BTW, did they remove the door card or window to respray the door?

Last edited by DBJoe996; 05-13-2021 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-13-2021, 02:50 PM
Judder
Track Day

Originally Posted by DBJoe996
smorris last post 10 years ago in 2011. Don't think you will hear from him, but who knows? GL
BTW, did they remove the door card or window to respray the door?
Thanks @Joe996 and good point!

re: the door yes as it was being straightened as well they would have definitely removed the door card, and I'm guessing the window actuator too - where about's are the switches that the alarm checks?
Old 05-13-2021, 03:08 PM
DBJoe996
Rennlist Member

There are many microswitches in the door - inner and outer door handle microswitches and several in the door latch mechanism. Does the window drop occur when you pull on either the exterior door handle or interior door handle? You should pull the door card off and make sure all the switches are connected. Read up on how to remove the door card and side air bag. Disconnect battery before proceeding.
Old 05-19-2021, 10:09 AM
Judder
Track Day

Originally Posted by DBJoe996
There are many microswitches in the door - inner and outer door handle microswitches and several in the door latch mechanism. Does the window drop occur when you pull on either the exterior door handle or interior door handle? You should pull the door card off and make sure all the switches are connected. Read up on how to remove the door card and side air bag. Disconnect battery before proceeding.
Good idea - I tested both doors from outside and inside and the window drops correctly in all cases so I think we can rule out the handle as being the problem.

I also locked the car and tested the handles and they are correctly inoperative when locked so maybe it is one of the micro switches in the door lock not informing the alarm that the door is locked correctly?
Old 05-19-2021, 11:04 AM
DBJoe996
Rennlist Member

There are a number of microswitches in the door latch. I would check it with Durametric first so you are not on a wild goose chase. See this thread here https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...-detailed.html

Quick Reply: Any easy way to disable 996 alarm without having issues?