Sponsored by:

cracked my oil pan!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 03:10 PM
jasper
Three Wheelin'

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Shark Attack
so when do we get the non Bull**** story of how it got cracked..."I guess I hit something" Either you drink and drive to the point of memory loss or you are full of sheeeot...lol

Come on fess up...... You jacked it didnt you?
I DID NOT JACK IT ON THE PAN You take that back!

Seriously though, there were gouge marks on the bottom of that pan which suggested I've kissed something more than once.

It appears I've just been grazing it, which explains why I didn't notice the crash.

I usually drive with my windows and roof open, tunes cranked, heater blower on full, usually at speed, and I'm kind of deaf on top of all that. I won't have heard it happening.

More that I think of it, it's gotta be that &^$&^%$ manhole that stands proud of the tarmac by the cemetery. It comes up just as I crest a hill. Insidious little ******.

They've been working on the road there for almost a year. The first time I noticed the manhole is when I drove over it. It could have happened then, although I hit it with my left side wheel so prolly not. After that I always try to crowd the curb, but it's tight and it's been wintertime and dark during my commute. At least twice I would have tried to straddle this thing. That's the likely time(s) it happened. I do remember driving over it with my wheels once more when I was distracted.

You know - I'm going to start taking a new route home. Problem is that I'm so brain dead on my commute sometimes that I start down that road and only think about the alterate route once I realize the manhole is looming again.

Anyway - I'm fullly aware now and no I did not jack it.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Shark Attack
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by jasper
I DID NOT JACK IT ON THE PAN You take that back!

Anyway - I'm fullly aware now and no I did not jack it.
no

Quick Reply: cracked my oil pan!