Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

No affiliation - but possibly THE best Porsche for sale listing...

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 04:58 PM
roadsession
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Well, the seller may not be intending to actually sell on ebay - but to advertise on it. When I sold my last couple of cars, I listed them on ebay as an advertisement because I could put full resolution pictures etc - and then send the link to the ad to prospective buyers. Craigslist and Autotrader provide really no real oppty to customize your ad.

I know a lot of high line dealers do that as well - and then sell it off e-bay.

Some of the tell-tale signs are the starting bid and buy it now price are the same

So I'm not surprised there aren't bids.
I did the same when i was selling my MB and BMW - and they sold through a lead on Craiglist that had a link to my ebay listing
Old 02-23-2011, 07:14 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by nick49
Is your 996 rusty?

JK;-)

What's the story behind your avatar?
Well, it's an interesting car, but unfortunately it's not mine. I'm told the car is a "rat rod", which means it's supposed to look like crap but drive solidly, with good mechanicals. A buddy sent the picture to me and I've always thought it was pretty neat.

Originally Posted by Pac996
Tooloud10 for president !!!!

Love the honesty. Must be depending on persons with a buy on ebay syndrone or something. Evidently he can't sell it locally.

I can't say that I'm the least bit surprised that he's not selling it...he's asking top dollar for a pretty common 997 C2S and comes across as a little intimidating in his ad. I wish the seller all the luck in the world but I doubt it'll help him move that car.

Let me ask you guys this...how many of you would (or have) written a check out for a $50k car that the previous owner wouldn't allow you to test drive? That's a huge red flag and is simply a dealbreaker for me.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:20 PM
Pac996
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

These are funny. It's Germany's Craigslist with only one Porsche for sale on craigslist that is from Germany and it's a 928.
http://leipzig.en.craigslist.de/cto/2220833054.html

Then there's the new mexico american that doesn't know street legal in america is not country legal in Germany even the brand new cars made for america are not street or country legal for Germany.
http://hannover.en.craigslist.de/cto/2157126306.html

Then all impressive with a history lesson for germans in english trying to sell an old 911 to them.
Studly I tell you. He's trying to sell an american model of 911 in Stuttgart of all places
http://stuttgart.en.craigslist.de/cto/2172136494.html

Then let the flood gates open and turn loose the dogs in Muenchen with super spam trying to sell us version cars for $150,000 to $300,000 USD.
http://munich.en.craigslist.de/cta/

I really didn't need to explore just how insane it gets out there selling cars online but man it's insane. My bets on if these guys get contacted from Germany it's so that their name goes on the strip search for drugs upon entry to Europe on a flight.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:43 AM
Cefalu
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

And what is all this fluff about being doctor owned. Have you been to a doctor lately?
Old 03-01-2011, 02:55 AM
cpepper95129
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What I don't get are people who say they tour their car, and their car has never spent a night outside. Do they only stay in hotels with garages?

Quick Reply: No affiliation - but possibly THE best Porsche for sale listing...