Childhood dream achieved ! :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 12:04 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jasper
In your world you'd say, it's a dog, they're all dogs.
and they'd be right. I've got 4 dogs at home, they may be different breeds but they are still all dogs.

Let me know when Porsche put's the name up to a popular vote. Until then, I'll call it what Porsche calls it.

There's a great history behind this fantastic model and each generation has been great in their own way. I'm not sure why some would want to dismiss that.

It's pretty awesome when kids come up to see my car at the gas station and ask "How fast is your 911?" That quite frankly is one of the cool things about this car is no matter which generation you drive people all over the world recognize it as a "911". The car is iconic and timeless.

You can call yours what you will. Enjoy the commercials, there's some pretty cool ones in there.

Old 02-27-2011, 12:26 AM
JB 911
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Hey Congrats on a great car and more importantly why you got it. I'm another newbie myself. I'm about a year out from my purchase but I am starting to research and learn now. Does that certify me as raving mad?

This has been a fun thread to follow. Now that we have the name out of the way ha ha lets start on the name. Do you say Porsche or Porsche-a?

Old 02-27-2011, 01:25 AM
jasper
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JB 911
This has been a fun thread to follow. Now that we have the name out of the way ha ha lets start on the name. Do you say Porsche or Porsche-a?

That's funny

I used to care about how Porsche was pronounced, but over the years I've come to accept that Porsh is the anglic pronunciation of the german name Porsche.

I was born in the Netherlands but have lived in Canada since early childhood. My name is pronounced much differently here than it is over there, and that's not the least bit unusual.

Plus which I've heard that even some Germans say Porsh instead of Porsche. It just rolls off the tongue more smoothly.

Quick Reply: Childhood dream achieved ! :)