Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink TRANSPONDER RFID PILL CHIP

hello folks have a question

Remote Control Keyhead for 996

Select your model:
1998-2000
2001-2005
Targa 2002-2004

as you can see you get three options for the key fob. My question is this besides the obvious difference in the appearance of the key head i.e the buttons for example bonnet opening button on a coupe and soft top lowering button on a cab etc is their a difference in the internal circuitry of these keys ?

More importantly the little glass pill transponder chip that gets energised when the key is turned in the ignition switch????

these little glass pills inside all these year groups from 1998 to 2005 look the same ? and when you read these pills they all throw up a unique 8 digit code
only for that pill. My question is can a pill from a 1998 non turbo car be used to program a 2005 turbo car? bearing in mind all the hassle with Ipas & Pst2 tester etc but can you introduce a used 1998/99 pill to a 2005 car ?
Old 05-24-2010, 01:47 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

i have 2 Pills, let me know if you want one... One is New Unprogrammed and one is Programmed from my 2004 that i am preety sure that can be Reprogrammed... I dont knwo what it takes to Program one of these
Old 05-24-2010, 02:01 PM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

If you end up programming one, share the info about how you did it.. might save some dealer $$ to some of us
Old 05-24-2010, 05:59 PM
function12
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I beleive you need the white tag that came with the chip. They have to program that number into the car. I could be wrong but I just had to go through this will the dealer. Thank God I kept the little with tag.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:28 AM
CBR786
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THANKS for the offer Zookie I am in the UK so will pass on that. I do however advise holding on to the pill that is already programmed to your car as a safety in case you loose all keys it will be handy as it is already coded.

The white tag with the 24 digit number is only needed to program the radio frequency which is the part of the remote which has the battery to drive it and the buttons on the fob to operate the remote.
This code is needed if you want to program the remote function in etc.

But if you want the transponder which is the little glass pill to be programmed to your car then it is more detailed. The glass pill carries a 8 digit code for example 5500HY33. This code is then programmed to the alarm module to tell the alarm module to accept it. The alarm module can only accept 4 pills (keys) at any time. The whole process is not do able unless you have IPAS codes for the car and a PST2 tester. also if you have lost all keys you will need a new alarm module as well. I was trying to program a used chip and kept getting message key already learned on the PST2 tester so was wondering if the PST2 tester has some internal memory which recalls that this key has been programmed previously if you try to code the same pill to two different cars.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:07 AM
racerx169
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Zookie, I would be interested in the extra immobilizer pill if you have any you can spare. My goal is to create a spare key that can start the engine. I don't care about the remote entry function. If someone knows if Porsche sells the immobilizer pills separate from the remote key heads, please let me know.

Thanks

Quick Reply: TRANSPONDER RFID PILL CHIP