Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Which tires would you choose from this list?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 03:38 PM
targa996
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I put a 2008 P Zero *used from ebay - on mine to replace a non-matching tire the p/o had put on ... so far so good and let me run the fronts for another season before I change all 4 .... so that was the way to go in my case (but it only cost me $50).

If you are not on the track - I'd say you probably don't need N rated - we are not on the autobahn here doing 200kmph+ in the wet - so the Sumi is a good choice if you are looking to save a few bucks ... lots of positive reviews on that here .....
Old 08-30-2011, 05:28 PM
Hardback
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Just mounted Sumis this afternoon. All I can say is they are cheaper, quieter and better in the rain than the NT-01s ive been rolling on since June.

Hey, its DE season year round in my hood.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:08 AM
Jacks911
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Option #1 Conti DW. Have them on my 968 DD now with about 1000 miles driven. They are very quiet great ride same handling as the Potenzas they replaced but less tram-lining.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:39 AM
Psycho Sid
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have used Pirrelli's, Michelin ps2's and spend lose to 3K every year on tires

This is the first summer I've been running Sumi's and I love them for the fact they cost almost 1/3 of the price!

Sure you lose the feeling like your on rails and they don't look as good but it's a smoother ride (softer side wall) and they last muuuuuuch longer, at this rate I'll do at least 2 years on them... and they are real quiet!

For 1/3 of the price!?
That's a no brainer
Old 08-31-2011, 10:42 AM
Optical TDI
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
have used Pirrelli's, Michelin ps2's and spend lose to 3K every year on tires

This is the first summer I've been running Sumi's and I love them for the fact they cost almost 1/3 of the price!

Sure you lose the feeling like your on rails and they don't look as good but it's a smoother ride (softer side wall) and they last muuuuuuch longer, at this rate I'll do at least 2 years on them... and they are real quiet!

For 1/3 of the price!?
That's a no brainer
Yes they are cheaper, but as you say the loss of feeling on rails on a Porsche is not the way to go in my opinion. In fact I bought Sumis and returned them to the rack and got the Yoko AD08s. Love them! Never again for me sub brand tire to save a few bucks. The $1200 per set for Michelin or AD08s is a good spend. I felt the same until I tried the Sumi IIIs. Sidewall flex was horrible.

Quick Reply: Which tires would you choose from this list?