Sponsored by:

Car & Driver (October Issue)

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 11:00 AM
soverystout
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rwiii
I'm surprised how bad Panorama is. The subject matter weighs heavily into news about the club and the people. I guess this is fair since it's the magazine of the club but I am only interested in the cars. The production value of the magazine is amazingly bad. I know the club is not-for-profit but I would expect a little more from an organization dedicated to Porsches.
I agree.

I love Excellence, look forward to it every month. All of my other car mag subscriptions have expired.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:02 AM
rpm's S2
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Compared to Roundel (BMWCCA's monthly), Pano is sort of embarrassing.

Having said that, some of the editors at Roundel seem to hate BMW...
Old 08-30-2010, 12:07 PM
Rob996
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellence and Flat6(if your read fench) are the best IMO
Old 08-30-2010, 12:35 PM
mavthenav
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I throw in the TOP GEAR magazine also, last months great article on the GT2 RS and how 4th gear was completely amazing. Then they had a GT3 RS in a run off with with the usual suspects, lambo, ferrari etc.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:53 AM
Tedster
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 165 Posts

OCTANE! Coolest cars, vintage mostly but great reports from driving events around the world though mostly UK and europe. Plus Jay Leno and Nick Mason have monthly articles that are usually fun to read although Mason's are filled with insider stories.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:19 AM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Pete, I'd been a long time subscriber, and still pick up an issue on occasion.

I provided my opinions, as I perceived to be asked for by the poster of this topic -kind of like the "market reports" that are in Excellence...

I haven't noted every time there was something inaccurate in the magazine, I'd go look up specifics but I donated my entire collection to the library several years ago. I do recall selling two 944 turbos for close to twice what the market report indicated them to be worth however.

I just got an offer for a free issue in the mail, maybe I'll give it another shot and post back.

Originally Posted by excmag
Hey, if you're gonna throw rocks, please be specific and factual. Please define "hyped quite a bit of information" as well as "been inaccurate." I'm certainly not suggesting we're perfect, or that we can't get better, but unsubstantiated slander is, well, just that. I suspect it violates the terms of use here, as well.

Again, I'm fine with fair criticism —Strekbut this doesn't look like that.

As for the others, thanks for the support!

pete

Quick Reply: Car & Driver (October Issue)