99 Cab Rear Bumper Damage Insurance Advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 12:21 PM
goldgun
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 99 Cab Rear Bumper Damage Insurance Advice

Hey guys
Have a 99 cab guards red 33000 miles,car has never been touched,no body work or touch up,today guy backs into the right rear bumper,he is putting in a claim,besides the repair cost do i have a claim that the value of the car is less now that its going to have body work,anyone ever go thru this?,any opinions please,the bumper is cracked and pushed in,heres a pic
Attached Images  
Old 08-21-2010, 12:31 PM
nick49
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I had a '99 cab for years. Your car is not a collector car but a mass produced, depreciating asset, worth less every month than the last. Take a pic of the before damage, have an exceptional quality repair done and you will be fine. Accidents that dimish the value apply to newer cars or rare examples or where structural damage is a concern. GL
Old 08-21-2010, 12:33 PM
Dharn55
Drifting

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Not enough damage to try diminished value.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:39 PM
Long Islander
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

My wife's Mercedes was rear ended a few months ago, and the repair cost $3500. I'm now thinking of pursuing a dimished value claim against the insurance company. Could someone run a Carfax report on the car so I can see what it shows regarding this accident? Please send me a PM and I'll give you the VIN to run. Much appreciated.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:16 AM
Shark Attack
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 34 Posts

If the repair is done right no value lost on that one. Good try though.... Next time back in to it a little harder....

Maybe if you can get it posted on carfax, you may have a small claim. But other than that... If the repair is done right no one will even know.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:00 AM
Long Islander
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Shark Attack
If the repair is done right no value lost on that one. Good try though.... Next time back in to it a little harder....

Maybe if you can get it posted on carfax, you may have a small claim. But other than that... If the repair is done right no one will even know.
I assume that if an insurance company paid a claim on this car (which they did), it shows up on Carfax - no?

In that case, any potential buyer will know about it and will always prefer a car with no accident history. So, that makes my car less valuable than a similar one, hence diminished value.

Quick Reply: 99 Cab Rear Bumper Damage Insurance Advice