Sponsored by:

cdc 3 removal

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 08:29 AM
rabkay
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cdc 3 removal

hi all -my cdc 3 [layer jammed...need to remove it - any instructions how to remove it from the bracket in the trunk? also can ireplace it with the ipod cable from becker - where are those instructions?

thanks, larry
Old 06-18-2010, 02:13 PM
fpb111
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 71 Posts

larry,
If the casette is stuck you should be able to remove it with a thin metal bar. Like a metal machineist scale or a steak knife. Open the cover and look down inside towards the front of the unit. There is a pin that holds the cassette in place You can slide the blade in between the front of the cassette and the player and push the pin towards the passenger side of the car. You will probably have to lightly press down on the cassette to release the spring pressure.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:37 PM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

check my DIY on renntech
http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...orsche-996-c2/

I have picture showing the CDC-3 out of the trunk tabs

If I recall, you simply unscrew the bottom screw after that you can pull it up. But it is really a pain, so you have to play back and forth with some force. look at the picture and you will see how the hook system works.

The hook is like an arrow, so once the system is in, it is a bit hard to get it out, but it will slide out with patience.

check the pics, I am sure this will hepl
Old 10-05-2012, 11:32 PM
henkinc
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TWO CDC-3s now and neither ejects cartridge...hmmm

My current CDC-3 as well as the replacement I bought from eBay from a seemingly reliable source who had used the CDC have BOTH failed to eject cartridges and both have same CDR-210 message that they have No Magazine. Is there a radio fault that will cause this? I checked the wires carefully and see no wiring malfunction. Driving me nuts - do I just keep buying used CDC-3s until one works? How ro diagnose what is going on? (p.s. - the replacement CDC-3 DOES make the correct noise of going through the cartridge slots one by one for about four slots when I hook up the cable, something I do not recall the current CDC doing since it stopped working.

Oh - if you suggest Rennlist tech DIY site, I do not have access to that.

Quick Reply: cdc 3 removal