996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Amberectomy - BUYER BEWARE: XenonMods.com

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 10:54 PM
Shark Attack
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 34 Posts

Here is his personal response to me. He admits he ****ed up.

Here is his reply. I believe it. Why would he continue to chase the money after he got his parts back? Do you have any idea what kind of PITA that is?

I don't have a side on this one.

I screwed up the shipping. He filed a charge back with his credit card
against me. (not with Paypal so it could be resolved, with the credit
card directly).

I provided tracking number to the charge back through Paypal.

Charge back was reversed in his favor, and he had the bulbs.

I awaited return of the bulbs as he promised, and I got them.

He's got his money back and I've got the bulbs in hand.

Aside from the initial screw up, doesn't look like a big deal at all.

(p.s.- I'm not continuing to fight the charge back, it was a Paypal
transaction so they fight it on my behalf and I can't stop them. It's
all between them and the CC company now)

Feel free to post this response on your message board.

Thanks,
Rich
Old 01-19-2010, 07:54 PM
NJS1987
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In light of that response, I will retract my statement about his fradulent behavior in continuing to demand payment.

But the appalling level of customer service stands true and has never been explained.

I think you'd agree with me -- one shouldn't have to reverse charges (with his/her CC company or with paypal) to get goods (or an email) from a seller.

You know what I mean?

But as I stated perviously, hopefully no one else on here will have to go through the same aggravation!

Good luck.

Last edited by NJS1987; 01-19-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:20 PM
aron in toronto
Pro

I've never bought from Rich but he's been around for a few years and gets lots of good press here but every once and a while he seems to slip up and when he does it seems to get handled poorly. To bad because if he had just admitted he screwed up but was trying to make it right his reputation wouldn't get so blemished. Seen similar "buyer beware" posts regarding Xenonmods on other forums as well.

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...ight=xenonmods

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...ight=xenonmods
Old 01-19-2010, 10:28 PM
Shark Attack
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by NJS1987
In light of that response, I will retract my statement about his fradulent behavior in continuing to demand payment.

But the appalling level of customer service stands true and has never been explained.

I think you'd agree with me -- one shouldn't have to reverse charges (with his/her CC company or with paypal) to get goods (or an email) from a seller.

You know what I mean?

But as I stated perviously, hopefully no one else on here will have to go through the same aggravation!

Good luck.
I understand your stance 100%. I can surely understand why you popped a fuse when you thought he was still trying to collect from the CC company. But we all **** up once in a while. Hopefully he is just having some growing pains and is under staffed. In that awkward stage of too big for one but too small for 2.

I am a small business owner and if you have 3 hours let me tell you how hard it is to please everyone and not screw one up once in a while.... I think he did what was right in the end. You got your money, he got his bulbs. Maybe in a little while you can kiss and make up.

PS and he has a point, you filed the charge back with your CC company not paypal. at that point you kinda took the control away from him to properly issue you a refund. Thus amplifying the whole situation... No I am not saying its your fault. But it could have been eaiser.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:56 AM
NJS1987
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Shark Attack
I understand your stance 100%. I can surely understand why you popped a fuse when you thought he was still trying to collect from the CC company. But we all **** up once in a while. Hopefully he is just having some growing pains and is under staffed. In that awkward stage of too big for one but too small for 2.

I am a small business owner and if you have 3 hours let me tell you how hard it is to please everyone and not screw one up once in a while.... I think he did what was right in the end. You got your money, he got his bulbs. Maybe in a little while you can kiss and make up.

PS and he has a point, you filed the charge back with your CC company not paypal. at that point you kinda took the control away from him to properly issue you a refund. Thus amplifying the whole situation... No I am not saying its your fault. But it could have been eaiser.
There are multiple people working at that business. Look, there's a difference between "screwing up" and blatantly ignoring a customer who has paid. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse on this issue but it is completely inexcusable!

Out of curiousity, what exactly did he "do" in the end that was right? Would it be refunding my money? Because he didn't (how could he when he refused to respond)

Come on. Lets not kid ourselves. What he did do was send the package after the funds were removed so that he'd have a leg to stand on when demanding $$$$.

And are you kidding me about Paypal vs. my CC company? Why on God's green earth would I give a seller control over a situation that he has not been able to handle?

Clearly the task of communicating the whereabouts of the bulbs was too difficult, exactly like the task of SENDING the bulbs. But for some reason I should have trusted him to make it right? C'mon man, be reasonable.

Quick Reply: Amberectomy - BUYER BEWARE: XenonMods.com