996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Does anybody know this car near Greensboro, NC

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 06:08 PM
ttreat
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I too am curious what options it really has. Speed Werks said it is a well optioned car but all I really was after was a C2 6 spd coupe that was mechanically sound (I did have one color requirement-It couldn't be Guards Red). I really hoped to get one with the 3 spoke wheel and I'm glad that this one has it. So people on the forum have told me more of what this car has than the owners have told me. Let me start the list
Litronics
3 spoke wheel
HiFi Sound
Trip Computer
No seat heaters
...I can't wait till next Friday when I see for myself!
Old 01-14-2010, 09:03 PM
rpm's S2
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Is the option code sticker not on the underside of the hood?
Old 01-15-2010, 07:51 AM
ttreat
Racer

I asked the owner to give me the options code list from the underside of the hood but they haven't yet. I looked up pricing for the options I knew it had and the agreed price was very fair. As I said, the options aren't a big deal to me. Other options that I don't yet know about will just be a plus.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:19 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 467 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by Barry Lenoble
Congrats and I hope the purchase goes well.

That looks like a nice car. From the pics I see that it has upgraded 3 spoke wheel (4 spoke was standard in 01), trip computer (control stalk on the lower left), hifi sound system (rip out the cassette storage unit and put in a cubby - $20 or so from the dealer), and no seat heaters.

Enjoy,
Barry
Yes I was thinking that with the cassette storage the car is certainly dated! Nice car however, full leather a real bonus.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:01 PM
ttreat
Racer

Does this radio have a MP3 plug? Does it have RCA jacks that I can connect a MP3 adapter? If not, I might want to keep the cassette to use it as my MP3 adapter.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:24 PM
rpm's S2
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ttreat
Does this radio have a MP3 plug? Does it have RCA jacks that I can connect a MP3 adapter? If not, I might want to keep the cassette to use it as my MP3 adapter.
Nope. There are some aftermarket hard wired iPod possibilities. The cassette storage boxes seem to have been included when the car has a CD changer. Without a CD changer the stereo would have a single CD slot instead of a cassette.

1999-2003 is just that interim period where the cassette was having its last gasp, CD was the norm, and the iPod was brand new. I'm still debating what to do with mine. I hate to wire in an iPod solution when what I really want is a full NAV/bluetooth/MP3 compatible system. But selling this to the wife just after buying the car is not on the table at this time ;-)

I am replacing my cassette storage boxes with another OEM shelf unit. That might be nice for you as you have the stereo control unit in addition to the stereo and so no console storage at all.

Porsche did not get a true media jack until last year!
Old 01-15-2010, 05:47 PM
Barry Lenoble
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cassette

Originally Posted by ttreat
As mentioned, the radio does not have an MP3 plug.

Note that the cassette storage box is different than the cassette player. The face on the radio will flip down, allowing you to load a cassette tape. The cassette storage unit allows you to store 4 (or is it 6, I don't remember) tapes inside. The car probably has a 6 disc CD changer in the front storage compartment.

Anyway, the cassette storage is mostly useless. Since the car has very little storage, I removed it (just grab and pull) and replaced it with a cubby. The dealers sell the cubby that just snaps in. I bought mine on line from Sunset Porsche in FL (I think) and it was pretty cheap.

Good luck,
Barry

Quick Reply: Does anybody know this car near Greensboro, NC