In Car Concealed Carry

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 02 Carrera
1. This is not off topic. It is about where to store a handgun in a 996 if you have one in there. What is going off topic is discussing why people carry guns, not where they carry in this particular vehicle. The topic is legitimate, many of the responding posts are not.
2. I seem to recall they team American History in elementry schools, which includes the Bill of Rights and the US Constitution. There is nothing wrong discussing the LEGAL ownership and use of a legal right on a public forum, regardless of age group.
+1

I see several owners here discussing a valid and perfectly legal topic as it relates to their 996's, and a few others getting their panties in a wad because they don't like the topic.

I'd agree that if someone wants to start a "pro" or "anti" gun thread, OT is the proper forum for that.

This thread does not fall into either category, because as I see it none of the original posters were trying to force their opinion on anyone else (as some of the later posters clearly are). If you have an agenda "pro" or "anti" why not start your own thread in P&C or the Firearm and Accesories forum?
Old 09-09-2009, 03:43 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

+2

Everyone that doesn't like the topic, just pretend that someone is looking to store a "gun-shaped" item in their 996 within easy reach of the driver. Where's a good place to do this?
Old 09-09-2009, 05:05 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I believe it is illegal to brandish a firearm, even through the window of your car.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:21 PM
jasper
Three Wheelin'

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ArneeA
LOL that was funny. Were you serious?
I was pretty serious, and maybe my use of foul language was an attempt to get the thread locked.

I'm settled down now, but seriously guys, if my wife cuts someone off by accident and that guy starts waving a gun around I would see that as a major problem.

Here in Western Canada guns on the street are still pretty rare. Sure we get the odd gang fight when one low life executes another, but regular guys driving Porsches and carrying guns? Not a ****ing chance.

Sorry to be taking the high road here - but I see this as a *good* thing. I reckon tings are pretty messed up when you think you have to carry a gun in your car. I could see doing this if I lived in Russia or somewhere else where people are poor and drink too much, but in a proper civilized country....that's not good.

But whatever...I guess I should take my own advice and not follow threads I don't approve of. No harm no foul eh? Don't go hunting me down and putting a cap in my *** or anything, just an opinion - don't mean nuthin' by it...
Old 09-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Zoolander
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02 Carrera
1. This is not off topic. It is about where to store a handgun in a 996 if you have one in there. What is going off topic is discussing why people carry guns, not where they carry in this particular vehicle. The topic is legitimate, many of the responding posts are not.
2. I seem to recall they team American History in elementry schools, which includes the Bill of Rights and the US Constitution. There is nothing wrong discussing the LEGAL ownership and use of a legal right on a public forum, regardless of age group.
Thanks for the clarification. I figured this topic might stray some.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by pszikla
Why do you need to carry a gun?
That is crazy paranoia..........!!
It may not be that they "need" to carry a gun, just that they want to and it's their right to do so.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:34 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by jasper
I was pretty serious, and maybe my use of foul language was an attempt to get the thread locked.

I'm settled down now, but seriously guys, if my wife cuts someone off by accident and that guy starts waving a gun around I would see that as a major problem.

Here in Western Canada guns on the street are still pretty rare. Sure we get the odd gang fight when one low life executes another, but regular guys driving Porsches and carrying guns? Not a ****ing chance.

Sorry to be taking the high road here - but I see this as a *good* thing. I reckon tings are pretty messed up when you think you have to carry a gun in your car. I could see doing this if I lived in Russia or somewhere else where people are poor and drink too much, but in a proper civilized country....that's not good.

But whatever...I guess I should take my own advice and not follow threads I don't approve of. No harm no foul eh? Don't go hunting me down and putting a cap in my *** or anything, just an opinion - don't mean nuthin' by it...
Dude- How about instances (in my line of work) where I am carrying $20,000 (sometimes more) in cash ?? There are certain times where I absolutely NEED to carry a weapon.

If you would feel comfortable driving around MLK BLVD in cities like Houston or Atlanta in a Porsche with valuables or cash- I won't criticize you for being naive .... but I happen to recognize the dangers and risks involved, and take certain precautions because of them.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Unfortunately, as Porsche has continued to pack so much into these cars, it's becoming increasingly difficult to accommodate a handgun easily within the cockpit of the later cars. Prior to 1989 there were many places to put a handgun that made it easy to get to, yet essentially out of sight. The forward map pockets on the wheelwells comes to mind. I used to keep a .357 Blackhawk in there in the 70s. I attempted to pursue an inquiry with Porsche on such a capability on my latest car but being where I'm from, the sales staff didn't forward my request to Zuffenhausen. I think it's best to consider a custom shop for that sort of stuff. It should be someone very familiar with the size of your handgun(s) and the interior of a 911. Back in the 1970s B&B in Frankfurt did that for a client from S. America. It was in a tray beneath the dash,--but there was knee room in those days.

Quite honestly,--do you think anyone is going to tell you where they keep their handgun in such a public forum?

P.S. We may open carry in California,--in unincorporated areas. it's rarely seen because most are unaware of their rights and afraid to do it.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Marlon
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What is '24'???

Originally Posted by Meister Fahrer
You guys been watching too much "24" lately?
Old 09-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Marlon
Drifting

It's called Homeland Defense

Originally Posted by pszikla
Why do you need to carry a gun?
That is crazy paranoia..........!!
Old 09-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Marlon
Drifting

...duhhhhhh.... I believe the topic is where to 'store' the weapon, not how to 'brandish it - there's difference there kingpin.

Originally Posted by AndyK
I believe it is illegal to brandish a firearm, even through the window of your car.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Marlon
Drifting

Yes - instead you can use the money you could have spent on a gun and get yourself a free abortion for you or your closest loved ones. Or maybe a serialized set of rubber ***** - would that make you feel better??? Or maybe teach a class of 9 years-olds boys, instead of fighting - how to mutually ********** each other and feel wholesome and pure about it. The civilized world is going to H$ll and Canada is going to get there first - after Amsterdam

Originally Posted by jasper

Old 09-09-2009, 09:05 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Marlon
...duhhhhhh.... I believe the topic is where to 'store' the weapon, not how to 'brandish it - there's difference there kingpin.
It was mentioned that pulling the piece and showing it to a would-be attacker was a good way to persuade the attacker to flee. I am just saying that if a cop sees you do this, you would be in deep doo-doo, even in Texas!

Hey, I am a gun owner, I'm just not into carrying guns in cars.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:03 PM
BlownC2
Advanced

357 5 shot on my ankle. dont have to worry about it flying around the car in an accident. can get to it
fairly easily. i own a cash business in tough area, saved my but more than once.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:30 AM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tedwright
Dude- How about instances (in my line of work) where I am carrying $20,000 (sometimes more) in cash ?? There are certain times where I absolutely NEED to carry a weapon.

If you would feel comfortable driving around MLK BLVD in cities like Houston or Atlanta in a Porsche with valuables or cash- I won't criticize you for being naive .... but I happen to recognize the dangers and risks involved, and take certain precautions because of them.

Drug dealer?

you guys all carry.

Quick Reply: In Car Concealed Carry