Old 09-09-2009, 10:18 AM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pszikla
Why do you need to carry a gun?
That is crazy paranoia..........!!
Car jackings!

SA had a lot about a decade ago and in Houston, it is common still today.

Oh yeah, it also dissolves road rage. You bluff by pulling the gun out (not aiming of course!!!!!!!!!!), show the other dude, and hopefully things settle right there.

You are actually taught this in CHL training.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:24 AM
ArneeA
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jasper
Jesus ****ing christ you guys - off topic much?

I mean I think it's great you guys are packing and all but really it's not tech and although I love shootin' em up as much as the next guy I don't think it's appropriate for a family Porsche forum.

Sorry guys - canadian rant off.
LOL that was funny. Were you serious?
Old 09-09-2009, 10:25 AM
ArneeA
Drifting

Originally Posted by jtilden
I don't need to carry a gun...I carry one because i am allowed to under the 2nd amendment...This is waaaay off topic, BUT...there are bad people out there (for real... i am not paranoid)...I want just as much of a chance to prevent them from doing me and my family harm as they have to do harm to me...you never know what lies in wait for you the next time you are at a traffic light, or parking lot. Imagine the surprise on the would be robbers face when you pull out a "Gat" and turn the situation around in your favor..."it's better to have and not need, than to need and not have"
Don't forget about the zombies.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Tippy
Race Car

Originally Posted by ArneeA
LOL that was funny. Were you serious?
I wondered the same.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:44 AM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. This is not off topic. It is about where to store a handgun in a 996 if you have one in there. What is going off topic is discussing why people carry guns, not where they carry in this particular vehicle. The topic is legitimate, many of the responding posts are not.
2. I seem to recall they team American History in elementry schools, which includes the Bill of Rights and the US Constitution. There is nothing wrong discussing the LEGAL ownership and use of a legal right on a public forum, regardless of age group.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:06 AM
falcon7x7
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marlon
I carry mine in my little door pocket - I have a CCW of course - .44 SPCL, 5-speed revolver, BullDog Pug. In VA you can actually carry it 'Open" without a CCW!!!! Someday when I hit my mid-to-late 60's, I'll carry one of my nickle plated .45's in a hand-tooled holster on my hip and wear a nice Pendleton flannel wool shirt over my jeans and Luchesse boots with my Resistol 10X beaver fur silverbelly on top. Now that's living....
Marlon,

I'm movin to WV the end of the month, I have the Luchesse Boots, jeans, flannel wool shirt. I just need to trade in one of my modern pieces on one of them big ol' revolvers. I'm gonna love it there! Yeeeeehaaaaaawwwww
Old 09-09-2009, 11:58 AM
function12
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Tippy
Car jackings!

SA had a lot about a decade ago and in Houston, it is common still today.

Oh yeah, it also dissolves road rage. You bluff by pulling the gun out (not aiming of course!!!!!!!!!!), show the other dude, and hopefully things settle right there.

You are actually taught this in CHL training.
If you had a good CHL instructor he/she would have told you that is against the law but that can be discussed on another forum.
I think most people that have a CHL take it VERY serious. This is a LAST resort but it is alway better to be prepared.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Originally Posted by function12
If you had a good CHL instructor he/she would have told you that is against the law but that can be discussed on another forum.
I think most people that have a CHL take it VERY serious. This is a LAST resort but it is alway better to be prepared.
Come on man! This is Texas, we do it our way! j/k
Old 09-09-2009, 12:30 PM
Paul 996
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't really understand the concealing part. Particularly after the great lengths that I have gone through to openly display mine.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:51 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 02 Carrera
1. This is not off topic. It is about where to store a handgun in a 996 if you have one in there. What is going off topic is discussing why people carry guns, not where they carry in this particular vehicle. The topic is legitimate, many of the responding posts are not.
2. I seem to recall they team American History in elementry schools, which includes the Bill of Rights and the US Constitution. There is nothing wrong discussing the LEGAL ownership and use of a legal right on a public forum, regardless of age group.
+1

We talk about all sorts of mods. Why should this be any different.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:28 PM
blinkwatt
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would you need a gun to prevent car jackings? If someone wants your car bad enough. Let them steal it. That's what insurance is for. By no means if a piece of metal worth your life(or others around you) by you letting your ego get to you and trying to be a tough guy and prevent a car jacking when you family is with you.

Stockton,CA is notorious for car jackings and car theft....people don't carry guns around there. Car theft is on a rise in the U.S.(so are other crimes with the economy how it is), just make sure you have insurance.

Pulling a gun on someone to prevent road rage? What happens if the other person has a gun as well?
Old 09-09-2009, 01:38 PM
pszikla
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Pulling a gun on someone to prevent road rage? What happens if the other person has a gun as well?
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!
And what if he is a better shot!!!!
Pete
Old 09-09-2009, 01:49 PM
jtilden
Racer

I may be biased...I'm just sayin
Old 09-09-2009, 02:21 PM
jsmirand
Racer

"Oh yeah, it also dissolves road rage. You bluff by pulling the gun out"...

Bluffing with a gun as a response to traffic disagreement? It's the posters legal right to carry a gun in the US, but the poster's response demonstrates deep immaturity in the responsibility and appropriate use of weapons.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Originally Posted by jsmirand
"Oh yeah, it also dissolves road rage. You bluff by pulling the gun out"...

Bluffing with a gun as a response to traffic disagreement? It's the posters legal right to carry a gun in the US, but the poster's response demonstrates deep immaturity in the responsibility and appropriate use of weapons.
1st of all, it was the CHL instructor who said this. I have never done it.

2nd, how do you know I am irresponsible? I grew up with guns.....I am from the country afterall

Quick Reply: In Car Concealed Carry